- W16131A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Keratin, type I cytoskeletal 17, keratin-17 (K-17), cytokeratin-17 (CK-17), KRT17, CK17, K17
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Cytokeratin 17 (CK-17), also known as KRT17 or keratin-17 (K-17), is a type I intermediate filament protein. KRT expression is normally restricted to ectoderm-derived epithelial appendages such as thymus, glands, skin, hair, tooth, nail, and the endocervical mucosa. Cytokeratin-17 participates in promoting protein synthesis and cell growth through recruiting stratifin (SFN) to the cytoplasm and stimulating the Akt/mTOR pathway. Cytokeratin-17 was found to regulate chemokine expression, including the CXCR3 ligands CXCL9, CXCL10, and CXCL11. Cytokeratin 17 expression can be upregulated in response to chemical stimulation, wounding, and UV irradiation. Increased expression of Cytokeratin 17 is associated with lesion progression and poor prognosis in epithelial carcinoma. Cytokeratin 17 deficient mice show a delay in wound healing and attenuated tumorigenesis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Cytokeratin 17 peptide (415-432 a.a.) conjugated to KLH
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 647.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
This clone does not cross-react with mouse (in-house tested).
As per the Human Protein Atlas RNA level dataset, A549 cell is expected to have a low level of Cytokeratin 17 expression.
AB_2814537 (BioLegend Cat. No. 697205)
AB_2814538 (BioLegend Cat. No. 697206)
- 432 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 48 kD. Belongs to the type-I intermediate filament family.
- Cytokeratin 17 is a type I intermediate filament protein and is involved in promoting cell growth, chemokine production, and tumorigenesis.
- Forms a heterodimer with a type I or a type II keratin. Interacts with TRADD and SFN.
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
1. Hobbs RP, et al. 2016. Oncogene. 35:5653.
2. Escobar-Hoyos LF, et al. 2015. Cancer Res. 75:3650.
3. Chung BM, et al. 2015. J. Cell. Biol. 208:613.
4. Sankar S, et al. 2013. Mol. Cell. Biol. 33:4448.
5. Jin L, et al. 2014. Med. Res. Rev. 34:438.
6. Depianto D, et al. 2010. Nat. Genet. 42:910.
- Gene ID
- 3872 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Cytokeratin 17 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.