- 53-7.3 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Lyt-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67, Ly-12
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD5 is a 67 kD protein, also known as Lyt-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67, or Ly-12. It is a member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich protein superfamily (SRCR) and primarily expressed on thymocytes, T cells, and B-1 cells. Although mature α/β T cells express high levels of CD5, very few γ/δ T cells express this antigen. The interaction of CD5 with CD72, gp35-37, TCR, or BCR is involved in T and B cell activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-F - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 - 10 μg/ml µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, and immunohistochemistry2 of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections, zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections.
- Application References
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1979. Immunol. Rev. 47:63. (IP)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1980. J. Exp. Med. 152:280. (FC, IHC)
- Bourdeau A, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2006-08-044370.
AB_2566434 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100632)
- Member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich protein superfamily (SRCR), 67 kD
Thymocytes, T cells, B-1 cells
- Negative regulator of T-B cell interaction
- CD72, gp35-37
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Kipps TJ. 1988. Adv. Immunol. 47:117.
3. Antin JH, et al. 1985. J. Immunol. 136:505.
4. Tarakhovsky A, et al. 1995. Science 269:535.
- Gene ID
- 12507 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD5 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.