- 10C2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Nestin is a class VI intermediate filament protein originally found in neuronal stem cells, and is required for survival and renewal of neural progenitor cells. In mixtures, Nestin forms heterodimers with vimentin or internexin, participating in the remodeling of the cell. Nestin was found to be expressed on vascular endothelial progenitor cells and various neoplasms. It is proposed to be a novel angiogenesis marker and cancer therapeutic target.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.25 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry1.
- Application References
- Jozef S, et al. 2012. Biomed. Pap. Med. Fac. 156:135. (IHC)
AB_2629793 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656812)
- 1621 amino acids with predicted molecular weight of 177 kD. The observed molecular weight is larger than 250 kD.
- Required for survival and renewal of neural progenitor cells; plays roles in angiogenesis and tumor formation
- Vimentin, alpha-internexin and FHOD3
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
1. Matsuda Y, et al. 2013. World J. Gastroenterol. 19:42.
2. Matsuda Y, et al. 2012. Med. Mol. Morphol. 45:59.
3. Krupkova O Jr, et al. 2010. Neoplasma. 57:291.
4. Hombach-Klonisch S, et al. 2008. Arch. Immunol. Ther. Exp. (Warsz). 56:165.
5. Pilkington GJ, et al. 2005. Cell Prolif. 38:423.
- Gene ID
- 10763 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Nestin on UniProt.org
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Nestin||10C2||ICC,IHC-P|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-Nestin||10C2||ICC,IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Nestin||10C2||ICC,IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Nestin||10C2||ICC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.