- 2G11-2A05 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
VEGF-A, also known as VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor), is the founding member of the family including VEGF (VEGF-A), VEGF-B, VEGF-C, VEGF-D, VEGF-E, and PIGF. Vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFs) are a family of secreted polypeptides with a highly conserved receptor-binding cystine-knot structure similar to that of the platelet-derived growth factors.VEGF-A has important roles in mammalian vascular development and in diseases involving abnormal growth of blood vessels such as tumor-related angiogenesis.VEGF-A is produced by diverse cell types, including aortic vascular smooth muscle cells, keratinocytes, macrophages and many tumor cells. Oxygen tension is a key physiological regulator of VEGF-A gene expression.Product Details
- Mouse, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- N-terminal 24 aa sequence of murine VEGF
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
WB - Quality tested
Neut, ELISA, IHC-F, FA - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg/ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Neutralization: The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody is recommended for neutralization of mouse VEGF-A bioactivity in vivo2,4 and in vitro2.
Western Blotting: It is suggested to use 0.5 - 2 µg/ml for WB2.
Immunohistochemistry: Clone 2G11-2A05 is recommended for IHC on saponin-treated frozen tissue sections at a concentration range of 5-10 µg/ml.
ELISA or ELISPOT: The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified 2G11-2A05 antibody is useful in a mouse VEGF-A ELISA or ELISPOT assay.
Functional Assay: The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified 2G11-2A05 antibody is useful in a mouse VEGF-A functional assay2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wuest TR, et al. 2009. J. Exp Med. 207;101. (Neut) PubMed
- Basu A, et al. 2008. Cancer Res. 68:5689. (Neut, WB, FA)
- Kumar V, et al. 2010. Blood 115:4725. PubMed
- Lu R, et al. 2012. Cancer Res. 72:2239. (Neut) PubMed
- Jayarman P, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:5365. PubMed
- Kather JN, et al. 2014. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 55:4295. PubMed
AB_2814439 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512809)
AB_2814440 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512810)
- Cystine-knot growth factors
Aortic vascular smooth muscle cells, keratinocytes, macrophages and many tumor cells
- Cell Targets
- Endothelial cells
- VEGFR-1 (Flt-1) and VEGFR-2 (KDR/Flk-1)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Contreras A, et al. 2007. Am. J. Transpl. 7:155.
2. Lambrechts D and Carmeliet P. 2007. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1762:1109.
3. Tong JP and Yao YF. 2006. Clin. Biochem. 39:267.
4. Ferrara N, et al. 2003. Nat. Med. 9:669.
5. Shibuya M. 2001. Cell Struct. Funct. 26:25.
6. Senger DR, et al. 1983. Science. 219:983.
- HIF-1, hypoxiaresponsiveness
- Gene ID
- 22339 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about VEGF-A on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.