- UC7-13D5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- TCR-γ/δ, γ/δ TCR
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
T cell receptor (TCR) is a heterodimer consisting of an α and a β chain (TCR α/β) or a γ and a δ chain (TCR γ/δ). TCR γ/δ belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily, involved in the recognition of certain bacterial and tumor antigens bound to MHC class I. The TCR γ/δ associates with CD3 and is expressed on a T cell subset found in the thymus, the intestinal epithelium, and the peripheral lymphoid tissues and peritoneum. Most γ/δ T cells are CD4-/CD8-, some are CD8+. T cells expressing the TCR γ/δ have been shown to play a role in oral tolerance, tumor-associated tolerance, and autoimmune disease. It has been reported that γ/δ T cells also play a principal role in antigen presentation. Immobilized UC7-13D5 antibody has been reported to activate TCR-γ/δ-bearing T cells in vitro, and to deplete peripheral TCR-γ/δ-bearing T cells in vivo.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, Stim, Depletion - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, in vitro stimulation1,2,4. Although several papers have reported in vivo depletion3, 5,6, another study found that the effect of the antibody could be the functional blocking of the TCR signaling, rather than cell depletion7. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 107515 - 107520).
Though clone UC7-13D5 has been used for the depletion of TCR γ/δ T cells in vivo3-5, there is a report suggesting that binding of clone UC7-13D5 to the γ/δ TCR leads to downregulation of the γ/δ TCR, making the γ/δ T cells undetectable although they are still present7.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Bluestone JA, et al. 1991. Immunol. Rev. 120:5. (IP Costim)
- Kruisbeek AM, et al. 1991. In Current Protocols in Immunology p. 3.12.1 - 3.12.14. (Costim)
- Hiromatsu K, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 175:49. (Deplete)
- Dieli F, et al. 1997. Eur. J. Immunol. 27:206. (Costim)
- van der Heyde HC, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 154:3985. (Deplete)
- Pollinger B, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:2602. PubMed
- Koenecke C, et al. 2009. Eur J Immunol. 39(2):372-9.
AB_2813962 (BioLegend Cat. No. 107515)
AB_2813963 (BioLegend Cat. No. 107516)
AB_2813964 (BioLegend Cat. No. 107517)
AB_2813965 (BioLegend Cat. No. 107518)
AB_2813966 (BioLegend Cat. No. 107519)
AB_2813967 (BioLegend Cat. No. 107520)
- Ig superfamily, associates with CD3 complex
T subset in thymus, intestinal epithelium, peripheral lymphoid tissues and peritoneum
- Antigen recognition
- Some bacterial or tumor antigens bound MHC class I
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Skarstein K, et al. 1995. Immunology 81:497.
2. Harrison LC, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:2167.
3. Wildner G, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:2140.
4. Brandes M, et al. 2005. Science 309:264.
- Gene ID
- 110066 View all products for this Gene ID 110067 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TCR gamma/delta on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.