- QA19A65 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-6, Interferon-β2, B cell stimulating factor-2 (BSF-2), Cytotoxic T cell differentiation factor (CDF), Hepatocyte stimulating factor (HSF), Hybridoma/plasmacytoma growth factor (HPGF)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Select size of product is eligible for a 40% discount! Promotion valid until December 31, 2023. Exclusions apply. To view full promotion terms and conditions or to contact your local BioLegend representative to receive a quote, visit our webpage.
IL-6 is a multifunctional cytokine that can regulate various immune and inflammatory responses. Several studies have suggested a crucial role for IL-6 in angiogenesis. The use of mice deficient in IL-6 (-/-) demonstrated a critical role for this protein in a mouse model of lung angiogenesis. IL-6 has been shown to cause proliferation and migration of systemic endothelial cells in culture (1). The classical responsiveness to IL-6 is governed by a receptor complex consisting of two membrane-bound subunits, an 80-kD cognate chain (IL-6R), and a ubiquitously expressed 130-kD β-chain receptor (gp130) which acts as the universal signal-transducing element for all IL-6 family cytokines (2). Alternatively, IL-6 regulation of leukocyte trafficking relies upon signaling via its soluble IL-6R (termed IL-6 trans-signaling) (3). IL-6 plays a major role in regulating neutrophil clearance during acute peritoneal inflammation; as a result of specific downregulation of neutrophil-attracting chemokine (CXCL1/KC) production (4). IL-6 is a key factor that reciprocally regulates Th17 and Foxp3 (+) Treg differentiation by inhibition of TGF-β induced Foxp3 and induction of RORγt, a Th17 lineage-specific transcription factor (5).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse IL-6
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by the inhibition of proliferation induced by recombinant mouse IL-6 (Cat. No. 575706) at 0.02 ng/mL on mouse 7TD1 cells. ND50 range: 4 - 20 ng/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This recombinant antibody clone is derived from clone MP5-20F3.
AB_2890858 (BioLegend Cat. No. 941403)
AB_2890858 (BioLegend Cat. No. 941404)
- Interleukin, neuropoietic cytokine family, potent lymphoid cell growth factor
IL-6 is released by activated T cells, B cells, monocytes, macrophages, fibroblasts, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells.
- Upregulated by IL-1, PDGF, IFN-β, TNF-α, NGF, IL-17; downregulated by glucocorticoids IL-4, TGF-β
- T cells, B cells, hepatocytes, cholinergic neurons, myeloid cells
- Heterodimer IL-6Rα (CD126)/IL-6Rβ (CD130; gp130) and soluble IL-6R
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. McClintock JY, Wagner EM. 1985, J Appl Physiol. 99(3):861-6.
2. Murakami M. 1993. Science 260:1808-1810.
3. Jones SA, et al. 2001. J. FASEB. 15:43-58.
4. Fielding CA, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:2189-2195.
5. Sonderegger I, et al. 2008. Eur. J. Immunol. 38:1833-1838.
- Gene ID
- 16193 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-6 Recombinant Antibody||QA19A65||Neut|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.