- MQ1-17H12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-2, T cell growth factor (TCGF), Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Killer cell helper factor (KHF), Macrophage-activating factor for cytotoxicity I (MAF-C I), Thymocyte differentiation factor (TDF)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-2 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which exerts its biological activity primarily on T cells, promoting proliferation and maturation. Additionally, IL-2 has been found to stimulate growth and differentiation of B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, and oligodendrocytes.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cat (Feline) Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli - expressed recombinant human IL-2
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
ELISPOT Capture, ICFC, IHC, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 2.0 - 6.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-2 recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 7.8 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture2,3: The purified MQ1-17H12 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the Biotin anti-human IL-2 antibody (Cat. No. 517605) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture. For ELISPOT capture applications, a concentration range of 4.0 - 8.0 µg/mL is recommended.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation2, immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections1,4-6,8, neutralization13, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-2 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Kit (Cat. No. 431807) is specially developed and recommended.
Clone MQ1-17H12 cross-reacts to Cat15
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Andersson J, et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16. (IHC)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (IP)
- Abrams JS. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. Unit 6.20.
- Fernandez V, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:1808. (IHC)
- Skansen-Saphir U, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:916. (IHC)
- Andersson U, et al. Detection and Quantification of Gene Expression. New York:Springer-Verlag. (IHC)
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Methods. 188:117.
- Raqib R, et al. 2002. Infect. Immun. 70:3199. (IHC)
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113. PubMed
- Colleton BA, et al. 2009. J Virol. 83:6288. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Yeap SK, et al. 2013. BMC Complement Altern. Med. 13:145. (Neut)
- Wu Z, et al. 2015. J Virol. 89:6435. PubMed
- Maksaereekul S, et al. 2009. Vaccine. 28:3754 (FC) PubMed
AB_2861026 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500353)
AB_2861027 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500354)
- Cytokine; 15.4 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation of T lymphocytes, B cells, anti-inflammatory, hematopoiesis, tumor surveillance
- Cell Sources
- T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, macrophages, oligodendrocytes
- High affinity heterotrimer of IL-2Rα/β/γ, intermediate affinity homodimer IL-2Rα (CD25; p55; Tac) and heterodimer IL-2Rβ (CD122)/γ; γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-4R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Taniguchi T, et al. 1993. Cell 73:5.
3. Nistico G. 1993. Prog. Neurobiol. 40:463.
4. Waldmann T, et al. 1993. Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 685:603.
- Upregulated by NFAT; downregulated by TCF-8 and CIF (colostrums inhibitory factor)
- Gene ID
- 3558 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-2 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human IL-2
PerCP anti-human IL-2
APC anti-human IL-2
FITC anti-human IL-2
PE anti-human IL-2
Purified anti-human IL-2
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human IL-2
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-2
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human IL-2
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-2
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human IL-2
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-2
Pacific Blue™ anti-human IL-2
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human IL-2
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human IL-2
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-2
Purified anti-human IL-2 (Maxpar® Ready)