- OKT3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- T3, CD3ε
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
This product is eligible for a 40% discount! Promotion valid until December 31, 2023. Exclusions apply. To view full promotion terms and conditions or to contact your local BioLegend representative to receive a quote, visit our webpage.
CD3ε is a 20 kD chain of the CD3/T cell receptor (TCR) complex, which is composed of two CD3ε, one CD3γ, one CD3δ, one CD3ζ (CD247), and a T cell receptor (α/β or γ/δ) heterodimer. It is found on all mature T lymphocytes, NK T cells, and some thymocytes. CD3, also known as T3, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that plays a role in antigen recognition, signal transduction, and T cell activation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The OKT3 monoclonal antibody reacts with an epitope on the epsilon-subunit within the human CD3 complex.
Clone OKT3 can block the binding of clones SK7 and UCHT1.4 The OKT3 antibody is able to induce T cell activation. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections and activation of T cells. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 317304). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 317326) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Knapp W. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press New York.
- Barclay N, et al. 1997. The Leucocyte Antigen Facts Book. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Li B, et al. 2005. Immunology 116:487.
- Jeong HY, et al. 2008. J. Leuckocyte Biol. 83:755. PubMed
- Alter G, et al. 2008. J. Virol. 82:9668. PubMed
- Manevich-Mendelson E, et al. 2009. Blood 114:2344. PubMed
- Pinto JP, et al. 2010. Immunology. 130:217. PubMed
- Biggs MJ, et al. 2011. J. R. Soc. Interface. 8:1462. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2749888 (BioLegend Cat. No. 317349)
AB_2749889 (BioLegend Cat. No. 317350)
AB_2571995 (BioLegend Cat. No. 317348)
AB_11147370 (BioLegend Cat. No. 317325)
AB_11150592 (BioLegend Cat. No. 317326)
AB_2571994 (BioLegend Cat. No. 317347)
- Ig superfamily, the subunits CD3γ, CD3δ, CD3ζ (CD247) and TCR (α/β or γ/δ) form the CD3/TCR complex, 20 kD
Mature T and NK T cells, thymocyte differentiation
- Antigen recognition, signal transduction, T cell activation
- Peptide antigen bound to MHC
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte FactsBook. Academic Press. San Diego.
- Beverly P, et al. 1981. Eur. J. Immunol. 11:329.
- Lanier L, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:2501.
- Gene ID
- 916 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD3 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD3
FITC anti-human CD3
PE anti-human CD3
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD3
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD3
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD3
APC anti-human CD3
Biotin anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD3
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD3
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD3
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD3
PerCP anti-human CD3
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD3
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD3
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD3
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD3
GMP Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD3 SF
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD3 Antibody
GMP Ultra-LEAF™ Biotin anti-human CD3 SF
Spark UV™ 387 anti-human CD3
Spark Red™ 718 anti-human CD3