- RPA-2.10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV T085
- Other Names
- LFA-2, T11, SRBC-R
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD2 is a 50 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as LFA-2, T11, and sheep red blood cell receptor (SRBC-R). This immunoglobulin superfamily member is expressed on thymocytes, T lymphocytes, NK cells, and thymic B cell subsets. The major ligand for CD2 is CD58 (also known as LFA-3). CD2 has also been reported to bind CD48, CD59, and CD15. CD2 plays a critical role in alternative T cell activation, T cell signaling, and cell-cell adhesion.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Chimpanzee, Pigtailed Macaque, Pig
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections6 and blocking of T cell activation2. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 300239 & 300240).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Aversa G, et al. 1987. Transplant. Proc. 19:277. (Block)
- Zaretsky AG, et al. 2009. J. Exp Med. 206:991. (IHC) PubMed
- Perona-Wright G, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:520. (FC) PubMed
- Thummler K, et al. 2010. J. Leukoc. Biol. 88:1041.
- Kap Y, et al. 2009. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 57:1159. (IHC)
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
AB_2814112 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300239)
AB_2814113 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300240)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 50 kD
T cells, NK cells, thymocytes, and thymic B cell subsets
- T cell activation, adhesion
- CD58 (LFA-3), CD48, CD59, CD15
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Bell G, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 155:2805.
2. Bierer B, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:579.
3. Moingeon P, et al. 1989. Immunol. Rev. 111:111.
- Gene ID
- 914 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD2 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All CD2 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Biotin anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|PE anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC,IHC-F|
|APC anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC,IHC-F|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-human CD2
FITC anti-human CD2
PE anti-human CD2
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD2
Purified anti-human CD2
APC anti-human CD2
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD2
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD2
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD2
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD2
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD2
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD2
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD2
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD2
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD2
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD2
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD2
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD2
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD2