- QA19A71 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor, ANON2, BLUN2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is the second member of the NGF family of neurotrophic factors (neurotrophins) that includes nerve growth factor (NGF), neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) and neurotrophin-4/5 (NT-4/5). BDNF shares approximately 55% amino acid identity with other family members. The amino acid sequence of mature BDNF is identical in all mammals examined. All neurotrophins are non-covalently linked homodimers and initially produced as proneurotrophins. These proneurotrophins have distinct biological activity from their mature counterparts. Mature BDNF promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems during development. BDNF participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. BDNF is also a major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. High levels of expression of BDNF have been detected in the hippocampus, cerebellum, fetal eye and placenta. BDNF binds with high affinity and specifically activates the TrkB tyrosine kinase receptor.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human BDNF
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by the inhibition of proliferation induced by human BDNF (4 µg/mL) on C6 glioma cells. ND50 range: 1 - 5 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2892499 (BioLegend Cat. No. 936803)
AB_2892499 (BioLegend Cat. No. 936804)
- Non-covalently linked homodimer
Ubiquitous with high levels in peripheral tissues including prostate, placenta, pancreas, heart, kidney, pituitary gland, lung and testis.
- Supports the survival of sensory and sympathetic neurons, and also dopaminergic midbrain neurons.
- Sensory neurons, sympathetic neurons, midbrain dopaminergic neurons.
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors
- Antigen References
- Baloh RH, et al. 1998. Neuron. 21:1291-302.
- Masure S, et al. 1999. Eur J Biochem. 266:892-902.
- Gardell LR, et al. 2003. Nature Med. 9:1383-9.
- Honma Y, et al. 2002. Neuron. 35:267-82.
- Banerjee A, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e50098.
- Wong LE, et al. 2015. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 112:6170-5.
- Zhang M, et al. 2016. Oncotarget. 7:3267-82.
- Gene ID
- 627 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about BDNF on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human BDNF Recombinant Antibody||QA19A71||Neut|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.