|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Frizzled-1 (FZD1) is a G-protein coupled receptor with seven transmembrane domains. It is one of ten Frizzled family of Wnt receptors whose extracellular cysteine rich domain (CRD) binds Wnt proteins. Frizzled receptors are ubiquitously and dynamically expressed in most cells. Frizzled receptors associate with low density lipoprotein receptor-related proteins (LRP6/LRP6) to transduce Wnt signals through the activation of disheveled proteins, inhibition of GSK-3 kinase, and stabilization of beta-catenin, which accumulates in the nucleus to promote Wnt-mediated gene transcriptions. Another signaling pathway involving PKC and calcium fluxes has been described, but it is not yet established as a distinct pathway independent of canonical pathway. Frizzled-1 is activated by Wnt3a, Wnt3, Wnt1 and Wnt2. It is involved in transduction and intercellular transmission of polarity information during tissue morphogenesis and differentiation. Frizzled-1 is involved in a feedback mechanism to modulate the effects of bone morphogenic proteins (BMP) on mesenchymal cells.Product Details
- Human Frizzled-1, amino acids Gln73-His253 (Accession # NM_003505.1) with a C-terminal human IgG1 (Pro100-Lys330) Fc tag was expressed in CHO cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 420 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 46.6 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 55 kD and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 110 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Gln.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- ED50= 0.1 – 0.5 µg/mL as measured by its ability to inhibit Topflash reporter activity in HEK293T human embryonic kidney cells induced by 50 ng/mL of recombinant Wnt3a (Cat. No. 772301).
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expressed in adult heart, placenta, lung, kidney, pancreas, prostate, and ovary and in fetal lung and kidney.
- Receptor for Wnt proteins that functions in the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway
- Wnt3a, Wnt3, Wnt1 and Wnt2
- Measured by its ability to inhibit Wnt3a activity in Topflash assay.
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure
- Molecular Family
- Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Sagara N, et al. 1998. Bioche Biophys Res Commun. 252:117-122
- Gazit A, et al. 1999. Oncogene. 18:5959-66
- Lie T, et al. 2001. Science. 292:1718-1722
- Bennett CN, et al. 2002. J Biol Chem. 277:30998-31004
- Reya T, et al. 2003. Nature. 423:409-414
- Zilberberg A, et al. 2004. J Biol Chem. 279:1735-1752
- Gene ID
- 8321 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Frizzled-1 on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.