- 14.27 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T10 , ADP-ribosyl cyclase
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD38 is a 45 kD type II transmembrane ADP-ribosyl cyclase expressed on early hematopoietic precursors and leukocytes, hepatic stellate cells, astrocytes and epithelial cells. CD38 expression can be upregulated upon cell activation. CD38 catalyzes the production of cyclic APD ribose, which is important in Ca2+ release. CD38 induces production of proinflammatory cytokines and proliferation. The ligand for CD38 is CD31. Impairment in CD38 expression is associated with immunological and behavioral disorders.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Verified
WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunohistochemistry staining on frozen tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.5 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry1 and Western blotting1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- March S, et al. 2007. Am. J. Pathol. 170:176. (IHC, WB)
- Product Citations
AB_2562587 (BioLegend Cat. No. 250502)
- CD38 is a 45 kD type II transmembrane protein.
Early hematopoietic precursors and leukocytes, astrocytes, hepatic stellate cells, and epithelial cells; upregulated upon activation.
- CD38 catalyzes the production of cyclic APD ribose, which is important in Ca2+ release. CD38 induces production of proinflammatory cytokines and proliferation.
- CD31, hyaluronic acid
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, B cells, Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Ota H, et al. 2012. Life Sci. 90:206.
2. Masuda W, et al. 2011. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 2:131.
3. Khoo KM, et al. 1998. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Int. 44:841.
4. Prasad GS, et al. 1996. Nat. Struct. Biol. 3:957.
- Gene ID
- 25668 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD38 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-rat CD38||14.27||FC, IHC-F, WB|
|FITC anti-rat CD38||14.27||FC|
|PE anti-rat CD38||14.27||FC|
|TotalSeq™-C1054 anti-rat CD38 Antibody||14.27||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.