- 4G9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Transitional endoplasmic reticulum ATPase, p97, TERA
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
p97/VCP (valosin containing protein) belongs to the AAA ATPase family, predicted molecular weight 97 kD. VCP is associated with a variety of cellular activities, including cell cycle control, membrane fusion after mitosis, regulates spindle disassembly at the end of mitosis, nuclear trafficking and the ubiquitin-proteasome degradation pathway. In many instances, specific adaptor proteins with which VCP forms multiprotein complexes direct its role in a given process. This protein is required for the fusion of ER and Golgi membranes. Clone 4G9 has been shown to be useful for western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunofluorescence staining of human p97/VCP protein.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human valosin containing protein
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C."
WB - Quality tested
IP, ICC - Reported by the developer, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 5 µg per 5 mL antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. For immunofluorescence microscopy: Use a dilution range of 1~4 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2257136 (BioLegend Cat. No. 636801)
AB_2214641 (BioLegend Cat. No. 636802)
- Belongs to the AAA ATPase family, homohexamer, forms a ring-shaped particle of 12.5 nm diameter and displays 6-fold radial symmetry.
- VCIP135, SELS/VIMP, SYVN1, DERL1, DERL2, DERL3, SVIP
- VCP is associated with a variety of cellular activities, including cell cycle control, membrane fusion after mitosis, regulates spindle disassembly at the end of mitosis, nuclear trafficking and the ubiquitin-proteasome degradation pathway.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Endoplasmic Reticulum Markers
- Antigen References
1. Ye Y, et al. 2001. Nature 414:652.
- Gene ID
- 7415 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about p97/VCP on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-p97/VCP||4G9||WB, IP, ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.