- W17048F (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- p63, δN p63-α, p63-β, p63-γ, p63-δ, TP63, tumor protein p63
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
p63 (ΔN) is a member of the p53 family. This protein has multiple isoforms ΔN p63-α, -β, and -γ. The molecular weights of the p63 isoforms are: α=66 kD, β=52 kD, and γ=45 kD. This nuclear protein is essential for limb formation, carcinogenesis, epidermal morphogenesis, and epithelial stem cell regeneration. ΔN isoforms are antagonistic to p53; TA isoforms can transactivate p53 targets. The p63 ΔN isoforms repress TA isoforms; mutant p53 abrogates p63 transactivation. This protein interacts with p53, p73, and the various TA- and ΔN isoforms.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg/mL (1:250 - 1:1000 dilution). For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.0 - 5.0 μg/mL (1:100 - 1:250 dilution) is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody does not recognize TA isoforms of p63.
Due to complete sequence homology between the immunizing peptide and mouse p63 (ΔN), this clone is predicted to recognize mouse p63 (ΔN) isoforms.
AB_2820119 (BioLegend Cat. No. 699501)
AB_2820120 (BioLegend Cat. No. 699502)
- p53 family, six isoforms, ΔN p63α, β, γ, approximately 66 kD, 52 kD, 45 kD
- Essential for limb formation, epidermal morphogenesis, epithelial stem cell regeneration. ΔN isoforms are antagonistic to p53.
- p53, p73, TA- and ΔN isoforms
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Tumor Suppressors
- Antigen References
1. Yang A, et al. 1998. Mol Cell. 2:305.
2. Celli J, et al. 1999. Cell. 99:143.
3. Gaiddon C, et al. 2001. Mol Cell Biol. 21:1874.
4. Benard J, et al. 2003. Hum Mutat. 21:182.
5. Mangiulli M, et al. 2009. Nucleic Acids Res. 37:6092
- Gene ID
- 8626 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about p63 (deltaN) on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.