- M0415B7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lipocalin 2, Oncogene 24p3, Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin, Siderocalin LCN2, 25 kD Alpha-2-Microglobulin-Related Subunit Of MMP-9, p25, MSFI, Migration-Stimulating Factor Inhibitor, HNL
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
NGAL (lipocalin-2) is a lipocalin family protein that plays important roles in innate immunity, inflammation, and atherosclerosis. It was originally identified as a 25 kD protein covalently bound to gelatinase from human neutrophils. NGAL is a critical component of innate immunity because of its ability to bind iron-siderophore complexes and limit bacterial growth. It is also produced by injured epithelia and is one of the most promising markers for renal epithelial injury and cardiovascular disease (CVD).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human NGAL
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone M0415B7 does not cross-react with mouse NGAL.
AB_2564180 (BioLegend Cat. No. 661902)
- 193 amino acid monomer with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 22 kD.
- Secreted by epithelial cells, macrophages, neutrophils; increased levels have been observed in plasma, serum, and urine in various conditions, such as metastatic breast and colorectal cancer, acute kidney injury, pancreatitis and preeclampsia.
- Apoptosis, innate immunity, renal development.
- Disulfide-linked with MMP9.
- SLC22A17 (24p3R)
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Macrophages, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Iqbal N, et al. 2013. Expert Opin. Med Diagn. 7:209.
2. Singer E, et al. 2013. Acta. Physiol. (Oxf) 207:663.
3. Palazzuoli A, et al. 2012. Clin. Chim. Acta. 413:1832.
4. Flo TH, et al. 2004. Nature 432:917.
5. Goetz DH, et al. 2002. Mol. Cell. 10:1033.
6. Leung L, et al. 2012. PLoS One 7:e46677.
7. Kjeldsen L, et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268:10425.
- Gene ID
- 3934 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NGAL on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-NGAL (Lipocalin-2)||M0415B7||WB, IP|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.