- W16077A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Myeloid-derived growth factor, Interleukin-25 (IL-25), Stromal cell-derived growth factor SF20,
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Myeloid-derived growth factor (MYDGF), also known as Stromal cell-derived growth factor SF20, is encoded by an open reading frame on chromosome 19 (C19orf10) and is secreted by bone marrow-derived monocytes and macrophages. MYDGF protects cardiomyocytes from apoptosis in a PI3K/AKT-dependent signaling pathway and promotes angiogenesis in endothelial cells through a MAPK1/3, STAT3, and CCND1-mediated signaling. During myocardial infarction, MYDGF therapy has been found to increase angiogenesis in the infarcted area and attenuate infarct size, scar formation, cardiac dilatation, and systolic dysfunction. In comparison to wild-type mice, MYDGF-deficient mice developed larger infarcts and had more severe systolic dysfunction.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human MYDGF recombinant protein (32-173 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, KO/KD-WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 2.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone W16077A does not cross-react with mouse (in-house tested). As per the Human Protein Atlas RNA level dataset, Molt-4 is expected to have a low level of MYDGF expression.
AB_2650929 (BioLegend Cat. No. 695802)
- 142 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 15.8 kD.
- MYDGF is a secreted protein and functions in promoting survival of cardiomyocytes and angiogenesis in endothelial cells.
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology
- Antigen References
1. Dwivedi RC, et al. 2016. Proteomics Clin. Appl. 10:663.
2. Cully M. 2015. Nat. Rev. Drug Discov. 14:164.
3. Korf-Klingebiel M, et al. 2015. Nat. Med. 21:140.
- Gene ID
- 56005 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MYDGF on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.