- 8D4-8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B-cell stimulating factor-1 (BSF-1), Hodgkin's cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor-2 (MCGF-2), Macrophage fusion factor (MFF), T cell growth factor-2 (TCGF-2)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine that is produced by activated T cells mast cells and basophils. IL-4 elicits many different biological responses, but has two dominant functions. The first is regulating differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cell to the Th2 type. Th2 cells produce IL-4, IL-5, IL-10 and IL-13, which tend to favor a humoral immune response while suppressing a cell-mediated immune response controlled by Th1 cells. The second is regulating IgE and IgG1 production by B cells. The 8D4-8 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-4.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Yeast-expressed, recombinant human IL-4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICFC, IHC, IP - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The purified 8D4-8 has been tested by blocking fluorochrome conjugated 8D4-8 for intracellular cytokine staining. In order to obtain complete blocking results, a saturated amount of purified antibody (≤ 5.0 ug/million cells) should be used for incubation with target cells, prior to staining with fluorochrome conjugated antibody. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISPOT Capture, neutralization, intracellular staining for flow cytometry, immunohistochemical staining, and immunoprecipitation.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Bird, C., et al. 1991. Cytokine. 3:562.
- Prussin, C., et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Meth. 188:117.
- Hickie, I., et al. 2001. Twin Res. 4:94.
- Heeger, P., et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:2267.
- Jason, J., et al. 1999. Clin. Diagn. Lab Immunol. 6:73.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Gong, G, et al. 2009. Blood 113:837. PubMed
- Yoshino, N., et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_315113 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500701)
AB_315114 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500702)
- Cytokine; 15-19 kD (Mammalian)
- Differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells to the TH2 type, proliferation/differentiation of activated B cells, expression of class II MHC antigens, and of low affinity IgE receptors in resting B cells
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Heterodimer IL-4Rα (CD124); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Boulay, J., et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:294.
3. Dullens, H., et al. 1991. In vivo 5:567.
4. Paul, W. 1991. Blood. 77:1859.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3565 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.