- BV9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- VE-Cadherin, cadherin-5, CDH5
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD144, also known as VE-cadherin and cadherin-5, is a 140 kD glycoprotein which is composed of five extracellular cadherin repeats and a highly conserved cytoplasmic tail region. It is a calcium-dependent transmembrane cell-cell adhesion molecule localized at the intercellular boundaries of endothelial cells, hematopoietic stem cells, and perineurial cells. It functions as a classic cadherin by mediating homophilic adhesion and functions as a plasma membrane attachment site for the cytoskeleton. CD144 is thought to play a role in vascular development, permeability, and remodeling.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
WB, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone BV9 has been shown to block VE-cadherin, causing a redistribution of VE-cadherin away from intracellular junctions.6 This clone binds to EC3-EC4 region in the extracellular domain of human VE-cadherin.7 Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western Blotting1,2, immunofluorescence microscopy1,3, immunoprecipitation1,4, blocking angiogenesis in vitro4,5, inhibiting VE-cadherin reorganization4, and inducing endothelial cell apoptosis4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Almagro S, et al. 2010. Mol. Cell Biol. 30:1703. (WB, IF, IP)
- Zhang F, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:11760. (WB)
- Iurlaro M, et al. 2004. Am. J. Pathol. 165:181. (IF)
- Corada M, et al. 2001. Blood 97:1679. (IP, Block)
- Kooistra M, et al. 2005. FEBS 579:4966. (Block)
- Corada M, et al. 2001. Blood 97:1679. (Block)
- Bouillet L, et al. 2013. Laboratory Investigation 93:1194-11202.
- Product Citations
AB_10574464 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348501)
AB_10588267 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348502)
- Member of the cadherin family; calcium-dependent transmembrane cell-cell adhesion glycoprotein composed of five extracellular cadherin repeats and a highly conserved cytoplasmic tail region
Endothelial cells, hematopoietic stem cells, perineurial cells
- Mediates calcium-dependent homophilic cell adhesion, plays fundamental roles in microvascular permeability and in the morphogenic and proliferative events associated with angiogenesis
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Taddei A, et al. 2008. Nat. Cell Biol. 10:923.
2. Gavard J, et al. 2006. Nat. Cell Biol. 8:1223.
3. Kim I, et al. 2005. Blood 106:903.
4. Suzuki S, et al. 1991. Cell Regul. 2:261.
- Gene ID
- 1003 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD144 on UniProt.org
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)||BV9||FC, IHC-P|
|TotalSeq™-A0400 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)||BV9||PG|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)||BV9||FC|
|APC anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)||BV9||FC|
|TotalSeq™-C0400 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)||BV9||PG|
|PE anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)||BV9||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)||BV9||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)||BV9||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)||BV9||ICC, IHC-P|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)
TotalSeq™-A0400 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)
APC anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)
TotalSeq™-C0400 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)
PE anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD144 (VE-Cadherin)