- 2G1F9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Histone subunit H3, along with subunits 2A, 2B, and 4, make up the core subunits of the nucleosome octomer. An octomer contains two protomers of each subunit tightly wrapped around a ~147 bp segment of DNA. Histones have integral roles in chromatin integrity, genomic stability, and gene regulation. Post-translational modification of histones in response to certain stimuli results in alterations of nucleosomal positioning relative to DNA.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Histone H3 K9ac peptide
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.01 - 1.0 µg per ml (1:500-1:50000 dilution). For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
AB_2715789 (BioLegend Cat. No. 698401)
AB_2715783 (BioLegend Cat. No. 698402)
- Histone H3 is a 134 aa protein with a predicted molecular weight of 15.4 kD. The subunit is comprised of a histone fold, an αN-helix main globular domain and a large N-terminal tail harboring residues subject to multiple types of post-translational.
- Histone acetylation is generally associated with activation of gene expression, nucleosomal redistribution, and histone deposition. One consequence of this modification is the alteration of chromatin structure to facilitate recruitment of transcription factors. Additionally, acetyl-lysine modification is also used as binding site for proteins containing bromodomains, resulting in their recruitment to the modified histones.
- Histones 2A, 2B, 4, HDAC
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics
- Antigen References
1. Zhang, et al. 2017. Nat. Commun. 8: 14799.
2. Kanda M, et al. 2016. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 113: E3394.
3. Bellet MM, et al. 2013. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 9: 3333.
4. Li B, et al. 2016. Sci. Rep. 6: 26542.
5. Li D, et al. 2014, Mol. Cancer. 13:26.
- Gene ID
- 8350 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Histone H3 Acetylated Lys9 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Histone H3 Acetylated Lysine 9 (K9ac)||2G1F9||WB, ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Histone H3 Acetylated Lysine 9 (K9ac)||2G1F9||ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Histone H3 Acetylated Lysine 9 (K9ac)||2G1F9||ICC|
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-Histone H3 Acetylated Lysine 9 (K9ac)||2G1F9||WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.