- 2F9-B2-B6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Fatty acid synthase is a lipogenic enzyme required for the terminal step of de novo fatty acid synthesis. Using NAPDH as a cofactor, it catalyzes the synthesis of palmitate from acetyl- and malonyl-CoA precursors. Fatty acid synthase is upregulated and serves as a prognostic marker in multiple cancers. In contrast to normal tissue, where the enzyme functions in anabolic lipid storage pathways, fatty acid synthase supports tumor growth by providing intermediates for membrane biosynthesis and provides alternative fuel sources for ATP production.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human fatty acid synthase protein
- 0.5% BSA, 0.09% NaN3, bottle antibody at 0.2 mg/mL
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.2 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested dilution of this reagent is 1:2000. For immunocytochemistry, a dilution of 1:200 is recommended. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a dilution of 1:20 is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
During PD testing, additional bands below fatty acid synthase were observed. These were also produced by a control antibody raised with a different fatty acid synthase immunogen. We therefore believe these represent fatty acid synthase degradation products.
For ICC staining, we recommend using 4% PFA plus methanol or methanol only as fixation-permeabilzation methods. We do not recommend 4% PFA + Triton X-100 due to high non-specific nuclear staining when this method is used.
AB_2904436 (BioLegend Cat. No. 600151)
AB_2904436 (BioLegend Cat. No. 600152)
- Fatty acid synthase is a 2,511 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 273 kD.
- Enzyme involved in fatty acid biosynthesis
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function
- Antigen References
- Kuhajda FP, et al. 1994. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 91:6379-83.
- Menendez JA and Lupu R. 2007. Nat. Rev. Canc. 7:763-77.
- Jones SF and Infante JR. 2015. Clin. Cancer Res. 21:5434-8.
- Gene ID
- 2194 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Fatty Acid Synthase on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Fatty Acid Synthase||2F9-B2-B6||WB, IHC-P, ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.