- 3F4-G5-H5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Creatine Kinase, Mitochondrial 2
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CKMT2 is an isoform of the mitochondrial specific creatine kinase subunit that is mainly expressed in skeletal and heart muscle cells. CKMT2 exists in two different oligomeric forms: dimers and octamers. Recent studies have shown that the homooctameric form of CKMT2 is the predominant form in vivo and is critical to its function.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 10 µg per mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.5 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 10 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2814623 (BioLegend Cat. No. 868701)
AB_2814624 (BioLegend Cat. No. 868702)
- CKMT2 is a 419 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~47 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Mainly expressed in heart and skeletal muscle. Also expressed in brain.
Cellular Distribution: Mitochondrion and cytosol
- CKMT2 plays a central role in energy transduction in tissues with large, fluctuating energy demands such as the brain.
- CKMT2 exists as octamer composed of four homodimers.
- Biology Area
- Mitochondrial Function, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Antigen References
- Zervou S, et al. 2017. PLoS One. 12(8):e0182994
- Forsey KE, et al. 2013. Mol Reprod Dev. 80(3):185
- Miceli MV, et al. 2005. Exp Cell Res. 302 (2):270
- Gene ID
- 1160 View all products for this Gene ID 76722 View all products for this Gene ID 688698 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CKMT2 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-CKMT2||3F4-G5-H5||WB, IHC-P, ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.