- O13 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- CD99 antigen, E2 antigen, surface antigen MIC2, T-cell surface glycoprotein E2, antigen identified by monoclonal 12E7, Y homolog, antigen identified by monoclonal antibodies 12E7, F21, O13
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
O13 detects a cell surface antigen expressed in 95% of Ewing's sarcomas (ES). The antigen is also found in some primative neuroectodermal tumors (PNET) and peripheral neuroepitheliomas (PN). Other small round cell tumors (SRCT) that are commonly included in the differential diagnosis of ES, such as neuroblastomas, lymphomas, and rhabdomyosarcomas, as well as other sarcomas, carcinomas, and neuroectodermal tumors are generally negative. In normal tissues, the antigen is strongly expressed in thymocytes and a subset of pancreatic islet cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was generated against MeWo human melanoma cells.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is specific for p30/32 MIC2, a 30-32 kD glycoprotein, also referred to as the HBA71 antigen.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2616966 (BioLegend Cat. No. 915604)
- CD99 is a 185 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 19 kD.
Tissue distribution: highly expressed in thymocytes, T cells, T cell leukemias and lymphomas.
Cellular distribution: plasma membrane and cytoskeleton.
- Involved in spontaneous rosette formation with erythrocytes. May be involved in other T-cell and hematopoietic cell adhesion pathways. Has been reported to activate a caspase-independent death pathway in T cells under some conditions.
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- 4267 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD99 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.