- W20054B (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Caspase 3 preproprotein, Casp3, cpp32, Apopain, Yama, PARP cleavage protease, SREBP cleavage activity 1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Caspase 3 is a member of the peptidase family C14. This cytoplasmic caspase functions as a heterotetramer and has two isoforms (one acts as a dominant negative inhibitor). The pro-form of this caspase is approximately 32 kD. Caspase 3 is involved in the caspase activation cascade responsible for apoptosis execution. Caspase 3 is inhibited by c-IAP1, c-IAP2, XIAP, survivin, and Livin and activated by Caspase 6, -8, and -10, granzyme B, Apaf-1 by cleavage into large p17 and small p12 subunits. Caspase 3 has been shown to cleave PARP, huntingtin, androgen receptor, atrophin-1, DNA- PKcs, D4-GDI, hnRNPs C1/C2, U1snRNP, PKC delta, ATM, fodrin, gelsolin, ICAD, RIP, X-IAP, STAT1, topoisomerase I, vimentin, Rb, lamin B, mdm2, and β-catenin.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human Caspase-3 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody recognizes endogenous human Caspase-3 proteins in both total and spliced forms from Jurkat cell lysates treated with or without staurosporine.
AB_2904464 (BioLegend Cat. No. 949801)
AB_2904464 (BioLegend Cat. No. 949802)
- Caspase 3 is a 277 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 32 kD.
Nucleus and cytosol
- Caspase 3 regulates programmed cell death (apoptosis)
- Active heterodimers between large p17 subunit and small p11 subunit of Casp7 and vice versa. Cleaves PARP, huntingtin, androgen receptor, atrophin-1, DNA- PKcs, D4-GDI, hnRNPs C1/C2, U1snRNP, PKC delta, ATM, fodrin, gelsolin, ICAD, RIP, X-IAP, STAT1, topo
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Death, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
- Goldberg YP, et al. 1996. Nat Genet. 13:442-9.
- Fernandes-Alnemri T, et al. 1996. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 93:7464-9.
- Slee EA, et al. 2001. J Biol Chem. 276:7320-6.
- Woo M, et al. 2003. Nat Immunol. 4:1016-22.
- Gene ID
- 836 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Caspase-3 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Caspase-3 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.