- W16017A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CASP-2, Neural precursor cell expressed developmentally down-regulated protein 2 (NEDD-2), Protease ICH-1,
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Caspase-2 is an evolutionarily conserved member of the caspase family. Caspases are cycteine-rich proteases, known to be activated in response to apoptotic stimuli including DNA damage, ER stress, oxidative stress, and heat shock. Activated caspases hydrolyze structural proteins in the cells that in turn results in apoptosis. Upon activation, Caspase-2 leads to proteolytic cleavage of the pro-apoptotic protein Bid and facilitates permeabilization of mitochondrial outer membrane. In addition to its function in cell death, Caspase-2 has been shown to participate in affecting genomic stability, aging, autophagy, and tumor suppression. Reduced Caspase-2 expression has been found to associate with Burkitt's lymphoma and correlate with poor prognosis in myeloid leukemia.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human caspase-2 recombinant protein (203-452 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
As per the Human Protein Atlas RNA level dataset, NTERA-2 is expected to have a low level of caspase-2L expression.
This antibody only recognizes the pro-form of caspase-2L.
AB_2687108 (BioLegend Cat. No. 697002)
- 452 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 50.7 kD. Cleaved into 3 subunit, p18, p13, and p12, upon activation.
Cytoplasm, mitochondrion, membrane, nucleus.
- Caspase-2 is a proteolytic enzyme known to activate apoptotic pathways and play non-apoptotic roles affecting genomic stability, aging, autophagy, and tumor suppression.
- Forms a heterotetramer that consists of p18 and p12 subunits. Interacts with LRDD and NOL3.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology
- Antigen References
1. Shalini S, et al. 2016. Cell Death Differ. 23:1727.
2. Olsson M, et al. 2015. Oncogene. 34:1877.
3. Shalini S, et al. 2015. Oncogene. 34:4995.
4. Puccini J, Dorstyn L, Kumar S, et al. 2013. Cell Death Differ. 20(9):1133.
5. Fava LL, et al. 2012. J. Cell Sci. 125:5911.
6. Bouchier-Hayes L. 2010. J. Cell. Mol. Med. 14:1212.
- Gene ID
- 835 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Caspase-2L on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.