- Poly28606 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Calcium signal-modulating cyclophilin ligand, CAML, Calcium Modulating Ligand, Cyclophilin B-Binding Protein, GET2
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Calcium signal-modulating cyclophilin ligand (CAMLG) is a ubiquitously expressed protein implicated in EGF signaling and EGF receptor (EGFR) trafficking. Deletion of CAMLG gene causes embryonic lethality, suggesting that CAMLG protein functions in early development. Loss of CAMLG leads to defects in the recycling of internalized EGFR to the plasma membrane and reduced cell surface expression without affecting receptor internalization. In the brain, CAMLG regulates the accumulation of GABA receptors at GABAergic synapses. In CAMLG mutant neurons, deficits in the recycling of endocytosed GABA receptors leads to their reduced surface expression.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant CAMLG (Gly19-Glu184) with two N-terminal tags.
- 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 0.1 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested for human and a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested for mouse and rat. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2810740 (BioLegend Cat. No. 860601)
- Human CAMLG is a 296 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of 33 kD.
Tissue distribution: Ubiquitous. Highest level in brain, testis, and ovary.
Cellular distribution: Membrane
- CAMLG is involved in EGF signaling and EGFR recycling to cell surface.
- Interacts with TNFRSF13B/TACI, EGFR, and GABA receptors.
- Cell Type
- GABAergic Neurons, Lymphocytes, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Neurotransmitter Receptor Trafficking/Endocytosis, Postsynaptic proteins, Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Tran DD, et al. 2003. Dev. Cell. 5:245-56.
- Yuan X, et al. 2008. Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 2008.03.002.
- Gene ID
- 819 View all products for this Gene ID 12328 View all products for this Gene ID 81715 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CAMLG on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.