- 6F10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T8, Leu2
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8a is a 32-34 kD type I glycoprotein. It forms a homodimer (CD8a/a) or heterodimer (CD8a/b) with CD8b. CD8, also known as T8 and Leu2, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily found on the majority of thymocytes, a subset of peripheral blood T cells, and NK cells (which express almost exclusively CD8a homodimers). CD8 acts as a co-receptor with MHC class I-restricted T cell receptors in antigen recognition and T cell activation and has been shown to play a role in thymic differentiation. Two domains in CD8a are important for function: the extracellular IgSF domain binds the α3 domain of MHC class I and the cytoplasmic CXCP motif binds the tyrosine kinase p56 Lck.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Common Marmoset
- Reported Reactivity
- Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Marmoset mononuclear cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
The 6F10 antibody has been reported to cross-react with lymphocytes from squirrel monkeys but not from cynomolgus monkeys or humans.
Additional reported applications for the relevant formats include: iimmunohistochemical staining of frozen spleen sections1, Western blotting1, immunoprecipitation1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ito R, et al. 2008. Immunol. Lett. 121:116. (IHC, IP, WB)
- Product Citations
AB_2562122 (BioLegend Cat. No. 250304)
- Ig superfamily, homodimer or heterodimer with CD8β
Majority of thymocytes, T cell subset, NK cells
- MHC class I co-receptor, thymic differentiation, T cell activation
- MHC Class I molecules
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Gene ID
- 100387674 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
|Purified anti-marmoset CD8||6F10||FC,IHC-F,IP,WB|
|PE anti-marmoset CD8||6F10||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.