- UIC2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Multidrug resistance protein 1, ATP-binding cassette sub-family B member 1, P-glycoprotein 1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD243 (MDR-1) belongs to the ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporter family. With an approximate molecular mass of 170 kD, it consists of two homologous halves. Each half contains two hydrophobic transmembrane domains (TMDs) and two hydrophilic nucleotide binding domains (NBDs). The TMDs span the membrane six times, forming a chamber with a 12 transmembrane α-helix structure. NBDs drive the transport process through ATP coupling and hydrolysis and are located at the cytoplasmic face of the membrane. CD243 transports various molecules across cellular membranes and is involved in multidrug resistance. MDR-1 is expressed on hematopoietic stem cells, T cells, B cells, and NK cells as well as on many multidrug resistant neoplastic cells. CD243 interacts with Caveolin, RING finger protein 1B, AAP1, p53, Orphan nuclear receptor PX, and cytochrome P450.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- NIH 3T3 cells transfected with human MDR-1 cDNA
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking the efflux of fluorescent dyes1,2, immunoprecipitation1, and immunohistochemical staining of tissue sections of squamous cell carcinoma3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Mechetner EB and Roninson IB. 1992. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 13:5824. (Block, IP)
- Chaudhary PM, et al. 1992. Blood 80:2735. (Block)
- Kelley DJ, et al. 1993. Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 119:411. (IHC-P)
- Goda K, et al. 2007. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 320:81. (Block)
AB_2304927 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348605)
AB_2273403 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348606)
- Member of ABC transporters family, MW ~170 kD. Consists of two homologous halves, each comprising two hydrophobic transmembrane domains (TMDs) and two hydrophilic nucleotide binding domains (NBDs).
Hematopoietic stem cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, and many multidrug resistant neoplastic cells.
- Transport various molecules across cellular membranes. Involved in multidrug resistance.
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, T cells, B cells, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Dulucq S, et al. 2008. Blood 112:2024.
2. Gottesman MM, et al. 2009. Nat. Biotechnol. 27:546.
3. Andreadis C, et al. 2007. Blood 109:3409.
- Gene ID
- 5243 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD243 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.