- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Human PE Positive Selection Kit, PE Positive Selection, PE Positive Enrichment, MojoSort™
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human PE labeled PBMCs are either selected or depleted in a two-step separation process. The cells are first incubated with a BioLegend anti-human PE-conjugated antibody, followed by incubating with directly conjugated anti-PE Nanobeads. The PE+, magnetically labeled fraction is retained by the use of a magnetic separator. After collection or depletion of the PE+ cells, downstream applications include functional assays, gene expression, phenotypic characterization, etcProduct Details
- Kit Contents
For Cat# 480091:
- 1 vial containing 250 µl of Human TruStain FcX™ (Fc Receptor Blocking Solution)
- 1 vial containing 100 µl of Human anti-PE Nanobeads
For Cat# 480092:
- 1 vial containing 1 ml of Human TruStain FcX™ (Fc Receptor Blocking Solution)
- 1 vial containing 1 ml of Human anti-PE Nanobeads
- Aqueous solution containing 0.05% sodium azide and 0.3% BSA.
- Conjugated nanobeads: Protein-coated magnetic beads.
- Storage & Handling
- All components should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
Cell Separation (MojoSort™) - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Volume of MojoSort™ Human anti-PE Nanobeads should be adjusted depending on starting percentage of cell type to be isolated. For 1x107 cells in 100 µl of buffer, use the following volumes:
Cell Frequency in PBMCs
Volume of Nanobeads (for 1x107 cells in 100 µl of buffer)
CD4 (including monocytes)
CD8a (including low expressing cells)
Always use 5 µL Human TruStain for 1x107 cells in 100 µl of buffer. If additional vials of TruStain are required, please order Cat: 422301 or 422302.
For low frequency cells, pre-dilute the Nanobeads in order to pipette a minimum of 5 µl of any solution. For example, to isolate TCR Vγ9+ cells, pre-dilute 10 µl of PE Nanobeads in 40 µl of MojoSort™ buffer and add 10 µl of that dilution per sample. Avoid working with small volumes.
- Application Notes
The MojoSort™ Human anti-PE Nanobeads are designed to be used with BioLegend PE (phycoerythrin) conjugated antibodies against human cells. It can be used as a two-step kit for the positive selection or depletion of PE+ labeled cells from peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs).
- Gene ID
- Is there a way to detach your magnetic particles from the cell surface?
No, not currently. We have found that cells are functional without the need to detach the magnetic Nanobeads.
- What is the size of your magnetic particles?
The average diameter is approximately 130 nm.
- Can your magnetic particles be sterile filtered?
Yes, they can be sterile filtered as the particles are smaller than 0.22 µm.
- Are MojoSort™ Nanobeads compatible with other commercially available magnetic separation systems?
MojoSort™ magnetic particles can be used with other commercially available magnetic separators, both free standing magnets and column-based systems. Because MojoSort™ protocols are optimized for the MojoSort™ separator, the protocols may need to be adjusted for other systems. Please contact BioLegend Technical Service for more information and guidance. We do not recommend using MojoSort™ particles for BD’s IMag™ or Life Technologies’ DynaMag™.