- Other Names
- IL-17A ELISA Kit, IL-17 ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|433917||1 Pre-coated Plate||280€|
IL-17 or IL-17A originally identified as cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen-8 (CTLA-8) in mouse, is a founding member of the IL-17 family of cytokines. IL-17A is mainly produced by a small subset of T helper cells called Th17 cells. IL-17A is a 155 amino acid protein that is a disulfide linked, homodimeric, secreted glycoprotein with a molecular mass of 35 kD. The amino acid sequence of human IL-17A is 63% and 58% identical to mouse and rat IL-17A, respectively, and 72% identical to the ORF13 of Herpesvirus saimiri. IL-17A exhibits multiple biological activities including the induction of various proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines such as IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, GM-CSF, GRO-a, and MCP-1 on a variety of cell types. IL-17A is also involved in the activation of NF-kB and costimulation of T cell proliferation. As a result of these roles, IL-17A has been linked to many immune/autoimmune related diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, lupus, and multiple sclerosis.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-17A ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is precoated with a capture antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate protein quantitation of human IL-17A from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma and other biological fluids. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IL-17A Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-17A Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-17A Standard
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Verma NK, et al. 2012. J. Biol Chem. 287:27204. PubMed.
- Product Citations
- 0.8 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 3.9-250 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.