- Other Names
- Histone deacetylase 4, HD4, Histone deacetylase 1, HD1, RPD3, GON-10, RPD3L1, Histone Deacetylase 2, YY1-Associated Factor 1, HD2, YAF1, Histone deacetylase 3, HD3, SMAP45, RPD3-2, Histone deacetylase 5 HD5, Antigen NY-CO-9, KIAA0600
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The HDAC Antibody Sampler Kit provides a convenient resource to detect HDAC family proteins by Western Blot.
HDAC1 operates in concert with histone acetyltransferases to control core histone acetylation in highly conserved lysine residues. It has been reported to participate in the regulation of eukaryotic gene expression and cell cycle progression. HDAC2 modulates the chromatin structure by removing acetyl groups from the side chain of lysine residues on the N-terminal region of core histones. HDAC2 is highly homologous to HDAC1 in regulating cell proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis. HDAC3 is responsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on core histones. The deacetylation of histones is important for transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression, and other developmental related functions. HDAC4 is a member of the class II histone deacetylase family. HDAC4 has been shown to play a crucial role in skeletal formation. HDAC5 is a member of class IIa HDACs, which contain N-terminal extensions with 14-3-3 binding sites. HDAC5 has been suggested to participate in various cellular activities, such as cell proliferation, cell cycle progression, apoptosis, neuronal repair, synoviocyte activation, and myoblast differentiation.
For additional antigen details, please refer to individual product datasheets.
- Kit Contents
Specificity Clone Size Reactivity Isotype MW (kD) Anti-HDAC1 1A6C37 25 µg Human, Mouse Mouse IgG1, κ 65 Anti-HDAC2 13G8C67 25 µg Human, Mouse Mouse IgG1, κ 55 Anti-HDAC3 W15097A 25 µg Human, Mouse Mouse IgG2b, κ 50 Anti-HDAC4 14A9C47 25 µg Human Mouse IgG2b, κ 119 Anti-HDAC5 W15202A 25 µg Human, Mouse Rat IgG2b, κ 122
* For detailed information about each specificity, please follow the provided links.
- Please refer to individual product datasheets for details.
- All antibodies in this kit were purified by affinity chromatography.
- All antibodies in the kit are at 0.5mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted at 2-8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of antibodies in this kit is quality control tested by Western Blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested uses of these reagents are as follows:
Anti-HDAC1: 1:500-1:2000 (0.25-1 µg/mL)
Anti-HDAC2: 1:200-1:1000 (0.5-2.5 µg/mL)
Anti-HDAC3: 1:250-1:1000 (0.5-2 µg/mL)
Anti-HDAC4: 1:200-1:1000 (0.5-2.5 µg/mL)
Anti-HDAC5: 1:250-1:1000 (0.5-2 µg/mL)
It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
For validated or reported applications for these antibodies, please see individual product datasheets.
HDAC4 has 1084 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 119 kD. It migrates at 140 kD in SDS-PAGE electrophoresis.
HDAC5 has 1122 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 122 kD. It migrates at 140 kD in SDS-PAGE electrophoresis.
The antibodies do not cross react with other members within HDAC family based on sequence homology and immunogen sequences.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Antigen References
1. Tong J, et al. 1998. Nature 395:917.
2. Grunstein M. 1997. Nature 389:349.
3. Brunmeir R, et al. 2009. Int. J. Dev. Biol. 53:275.
4. Guan JS, et al. 2009. Nature 459:55.
5. Sun Z, et al. 2013. Mol. Cell. 52:769.
6. Sun Z, et al. 2012. Nat. Med. 18:934.
7. Lee DY, et al. 1993. Cell 72:73.
8. Wang AH, et al. 2001. Mol. Cell Biol. 21:5992.
9. Xiao H, et al. 2016. Int. J. Cancer 138:2477.
10. Chen S, et al. 2015. Cell Cycle 14:2520.
- Gene ID
- 9759 View all products for this Gene ID 3065 View all products for this Gene ID 3066 View all products for this Gene ID 8841 View all products for this Gene ID 10014 View all products for this Gene ID