- Other Names
- HA epitope tag, HA1, HA2, hemagglutinin, Hemagglutinin HA1 chain, Hemagglutinin HA2 chain, YPYDVPDYA, Hemagglutinin tag
Covance Catalog# PEP-101P
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Influenza hemagglutinin (HA) is a viral membrane glycoprotein responsible for binding of the virus to the cells expressing sialic acid-containing surface receptors, such as erythrocytes and the cells in the upper respiratory tract. The hemagglutinin epitope, YPYDVPDYA, has been widely used as a tag in recombinant protein expression vectors.Product Details
- >90% pure by HPLC
- Lyophilized powder.
- Lyophilized (trace TFA salts).
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C or below. Do not store in frost-free freezers.
ELISA, IP, WB
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this product is quality control tested by ELISA.
Soluble in PBS. The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• Elution of epitope tag fusion proteins from immunoaffinity columns: 400 ug/mL
• Competitive inhibition of antibody in western or immunostaining: 10-fold molar excess over optimized (low) antibody
- Application Notes
This synthetic peptide (H2N-CYPYDVPDYA-COOH) corresponds to the epitope detected by the anti-HA HA.11 monoclonal antibody.
This peptide can be used in competition experiments, or to elute bound HA-fusion proteins from the HA.11 affinity matrix (Cat. No. 900801).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kizhatil K, et al. 2002. J. Neurosci. 22: 7948.
- Ferrando A, et al. 2001. Nucleic Acids Res. 29:3685.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID
- View information about HA Tag on UniProt.org