- MG2a-53 (See other available formats)
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The isotype of MG2a-53 immunoglobulin is mouse IgG2a,κ. This antibody was chosen as an isotype control after screening on a variety of resting, activated, live, and fixed mouse, rat and human tissues.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Trinitrophenol + KLH
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
FC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis as negative control. Use at concentrations comparable to those of the specific antibody of interest. Use our Concentration Lookup tool to find the exact concentrations of your lots of product.
- Application Notes
The MG2a-53 immunoglobulin is useful as an isotype-matched control (for the relevant formats) for Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistry, functional assay, immunofluorescence microscopy. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 401504) as negative control.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gene ID
- View information about Mouse IgG2a, kappa on UniProt.org
- IgG2a gene is deleted in some mouse strains, which ones are they?
- IgG2a gene is deleted in C57Bl/6, C57Bl/ 10, SJL, and NOD mice. It is replaced with IgG2c gene instead.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.