- D7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Ly-6A/E, also known as Sca-1, is an 18 kD member of the Ly-6 multigene family. Ly6A/E is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked protein expressed on hematopoietic stem cells. In mice expressing the Ly-6.2 haplotype (e.g., AKR, C57BL, C57BR, DBA/2, SJL, SWR, and 129), Ly-6A/E is also expressed on peripheral B lymphocytes and thymic and peripheral T lymphocytes. Strains expressing the Ly-6.1 haplotype (e.g., BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, and NZB) have low Ly-6A/E expression on resting peripheral lymphocytes. The expression of Ly-6A/E on lymphocytes is upregulated upon activation from both Ly6.1 and Ly6.2 haplotype mice. Ly-6A/E is thought to be involved in the regulation of both T and B cell responses.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- IL-2-dependent mouse T-cell line (CTL-L)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
The D7 antibody has been reported to induce T cell activation and inhibit TCR-induced IL-2 production. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1,2, immunoprecipitation1, in vitro lymphocyte activation3-6, induction of redirected lysis7, induction of T cell inhibitory signalling8, immunofluorescence9, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections13 and Bouin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples9.
The two Sca-1 recognizing clones D7 and E13-161.7 have been shown to bind distinct epitopes due to the inability of D7 to block the binding of E13-161.7.14
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ortega G, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:3240. (WB, IP)
- Palfree RGE, et al. 1986. Immunogenetics 23:197. (WB)
- Codias EK, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 144:2197.
- Malek TR, et al. 1986. J. Exp. Med. 164:709.
- Codias EK, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 145:1407.
- Ivanov V, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:2394.
- Karlhofer FM, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:3662.
- Fleming T, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:1955.
- van Bragt MPA, et al. 2005. Biol. Reprod. 73:634. (IF, IHC)
- Umland O, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4147.
- Cridland SO, et al. 2009. Blood Cell. Mol. Dis. 45:149. (FC) PubMed
- Pronk CJ, et al. 2011. J. Exp Med. PubMed
- English A, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:3763. (IHC)
- Bamezai A and Rock KL. 1995. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92:4294.
- Wiesner DL, et al. 2015. PLoS Pathog. 11:1004701. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_313342 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108105)
AB_313343 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108106)
- Ly-6 multigene family, 18 kD
Hematopoietic stem cells, activated T cells and B cells, subset of resting B cells and T cells
- Regulates B and T cell responses
- Cell Type
- B cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Antigen References
1. Rock KL, et al. 1989. Immunol. Rev. 111:195.
2. Morrison SJ, et al. 1994. Immunity 1:661.
3. Spangrude GJ, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 141:3697.
4. Malek T, et al. 1986. J. Exp. Med. 164:709.
- Gene ID
- 110454 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly-6A/E on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Biotin anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
FITC anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
PE anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Purified anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
PerCP anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Purified anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1) (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
TotalSeq™-A0130 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
TotalSeq™-B0130 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)
TotalSeq™-C0130 anti-mouse Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)