- dG9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- PRF1, P1, PFP, HPLH2
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Perforin is a 70 kD cytolytic protein that is expressed in the cytoplasmic granules of cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) and natural killer (NK) cells. Perforin is one of the major effector molecules used by cytotoxic T cells and NK cells to mediate targeted cell lysis.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Bovine (Cow, Cattle)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified granules from the human lymphoma cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone dG9 primarily recognizes perforin associated with cytotoxic granules9. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, intracellular flow cytometric analysis and immunofluorescence microscopy5,7, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections1,4.
Does not cross-react with mouse1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hameed A, et al. 1992. Am. J. Pathol. 140:1025. (IHC)
- Schaerli P, et al. 2004. J. Exp. Med. 199:1265.
- Watanabe N, et al. 1997. Blood 90:3662.
- Mauad T, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Pulmonol. 38:233. (IHC)
- Barrat FJ, et al. 1999. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:8645. (IF)
- Chen H, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:591.
- Bryceson YT, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-074468. (IF)
- Wood SM, et al. 2009. Blood 114:4117. PubMed
- Makedonas G, et al. 2010. PLoS Pathog. 6:e1000798.
- Product Citations
AB_314701 (BioLegend Cat. No. 308103)
AB_314702 (BioLegend Cat. No. 308104)
- 70 kD
CTL, NK (cytoplasmic granules)
- Mediates targeted cell lysis
- Cell Type
- T cells, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Lieberman J. 2003. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:361.
2. Trapani J, et al. 2002. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 2:735.
- Gene ID
- 5551 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Perforin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.