- S5/1 (See other available formats)
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- C5a ligand, C5a anaphylatoxin receptor, C5AR, C5R1, C5AR1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD88 is a single chain protein with seven membrane-spanning regions and has a MW of 43 kD. CD88 is expressed by monocytes, neutrophils and eosinophils. Also, there have been reports of CD88 expression in non-immune cells such as glial cells, cerebellar granule cells, cardiomyocytes and vascular endothelial cells. CD88 is coupled to heterotrimeric G proteins such as Gi, and after C5a binding, the signal transduced by CD88 results in the activation of PLCβ, PI-3 kinase, and PLA2, among other molecules, resulting in chemotaxis, granule enzyme release and superoxide anion production.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant peptide huC5aR N-terminal -NT (Asp15-Asp27)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone S5/1 blocks the binding of C5a to CD88.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kiener HP, et al. 1998. Arthritis Rheum. 41:233.
- Elsner J, et al. 1994. Blood 83:3324.
- Oppermann M, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:3785.
- Product Citations
AB_11125170 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344305)
AB_11124744 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344306)
- CD88 is a single chain protein with seven membrane-spanning regions and a MW of 43 kD.
CD88 is expressed by monocytes, neutrophils and eosinophils. There has been reports of CD88 expression in non-immune cells such as glial cells, cerebellar granule cells, cardiomyocytes and vascular endothelial cells.
- After C5a binding, the CD88 signal results in chemotaxis, granule enzyme release and superoxide anion production.
- CD88 is coupled to heterotrimeric G proteins such as Gi. The signal transduced by CD88 results in the activation of PLCβ, PI-3 kinase, and PLA2, among other molecules.
- Cell Type
- Monocytes, Neutrophils, Eosinophils
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Schraufstatter IU, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:3827.
2. Ippel JH, et al. 2009. J. Biol Chem. 284:12363.
3. Griffin RS, et al. 2007. J. Neurosci. 27:8699.
4. Lee H, et al. 2006. Nat. Biotechnol. 24:1279.
5. Buck E and Wells JA. et al. 2005. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:2719.
- Gene ID
- 728 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD88 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.