- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Fibroblast growth factor 21, FGF21
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human Fibroblast Growth Factor 21 (FGF-21) is a 187-amino acid protein with an approximate molecular weight of 20 kD. FGF-21 is a stress-inducible hormone mainly secreted by the liver that regulates nutrient and metabolic homeostasis but also by other tissues including adipocytes, pancreas, and skeletal muscle. It plays an important role in regulating hepatic oxidation of fatty acids and gluconeogenesis in response to fasting and known to induce positive metabolic functions that regulate insulin sensitivity. Research suggests that increased levels of FGF-21 are correlated with type 2 diabetes mellitus, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, and obesity.
BioLegend’s ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set contains the components necessary for the accurate quantification of natural and recombinant Human FGF-21. The set is designed for cost-effective and accurate quantification of Human FGF-21 in cell culture supernatant, serum, heparin plasma, citrate plasma or other biological fluids. BioLegend’s ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets are sensitive, accurate, and robust.
- Kit Contents
- Human FGF-21 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human FGF-21 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human FGF-21 Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution D
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent B (5X)
- Assay Diluent C
- Verified Reactivity
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 15.8 ± 5.4 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 31.25 - 2000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: BioLegend Cat. No. 423501 is recommended
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS + 0.05% Tween-20
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm filtered
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Molecular Family
- Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, Growth Factors, Soluble Receptors
- Gene ID
- View information about Fibroblast Growth Factor 21 on UniProt.org
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.