- P83G8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- HSPD1, HLD4, CPN60, GROEL, HSP65, SPG13, HuCHA60, Mitochondrial Matrix Protein P1, P60 Lymphocyte Protein
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
HSP60, a mitochondrial chaperonin, is essential for the refolding, assembly, and transportation from the cytoplasm to mitochondrial matrix. It shares a high degree of homology and function similarity to bacteria GroEL. Studies also show that HSP60 may participate in some autoimmune diseases along with autosomal dominant and autosomal recessive neurodegenerative disorders.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant fragment (265-462 a.a.) of human HSP60 expressed in E. coli.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000-1:2000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
AB_2572011 (BioLegend Cat. No. 681503)
- HSP60 contains 573 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 61 kD.
- HSP60 plays important roles in trafficking, folding, and the assembly of mitochondrial proteins. Under stress conditions, it may prevent protein misfolding and aggregation.
- Interacts with HRAS (by similarity), HBV protein X, HTLV-1 protein p40tax, ATAD3A, METTL20, and METTL21B.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Antigen References
1. Bukau B, Horwich AL. 1998. Cell 92:351.
2. Hansen JJ, et al. 2002. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 70:1328.
3. Kol A, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:13.
4. Jindal S, et al. 1989. Mol. Cell Biol. 9:2279.
5. Magen D, et al. 2008. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 83:30.
6. Chandra D, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:31289.
- Gene ID
- 3329 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HSP60 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All HSP60 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-HSP60||P83G8||WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.