- HMN1-12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 1
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The Notch receptors are highly conserved from invertebrates to mammals. Notch 1 and Notch 2 exhibit the greatest structural similarity among the four mammalian Notch receptors. Notch 3 has a number of structural and functional differences. The binding of Notch 3 to its ligands results in the proteolysis of Notch and movement of intracellular portions of Notch into the nucleus. This translocation triggers a series of signaling processes. Notch 3 is primarily expressed in adult arterial smooth muscle cells. Notch 3 gene mutation can cause CADASIL, an inherited early stroke syndrome.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Notch1-Fc fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Brilliant Violet 421™ and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Moriyama Y, et al. 2008. Int. Immunol. 20:763.
AB_2562076 (BioLegend Cat. No. 130615)
- Transmembrane receptor. Heterodimer consisting of a C-terminal fragment and N-terminal fragment probably linked by disulphide bonds. Contains 5 ankyrin repeats, 29-36 EGF repeats, 3 Notch/Lin repeats.
- Highly expressed in the brain, lung, and thymus (CD4-CD8- cells and CD4-CD8+ cells). Lower levels of expression in spleen, bone marrow, spinal cord, eyes, mammary gland, liver, intestine, kidney, and heart.
- Regulates broad spectrum of various cell lineage commitment processes, including myogenesis, neurogenesis, gliogenesis, and lymphocyte development.
- Jag 1,2; Delta 1,2
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins
- Antigen References
1. Ehebauer ME, et al. 2006. Biochem. J. 392:13.
2. Shimizu K, et al. 2000. Mol. Cell. Biol. 20:18.
3. Tanigaki K, et al. 2007. Nature Immunol. 8:4514.
4. Kraman M, et al. 2005. FASEB J. 19:1311.
- Gene ID
- 18128 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Notch 1 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.