- TW4-2F8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Latency Associated Peptide (LAP), Transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-b1), TGFB1, DPD1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TGF-β1 (transforming growth factor β1) is a multifunctional cytokine which regulates cellular proliferation and differentiation. It is ubiquitously expressed by many types of cells. Platelets express high level of TGF-β. TGF-β is synthesized as a large protein precursor and then secreted as a complex of TGF-β and LAP (latency-associated peptide), in which LAP noncovalently associates with the dimeric mature TGF-β to prevent its activity. TGF-β requires activation before it binds to its receptors and exerts functions. It has been reported that LAP-TGF-β binds to the integrins αvβ1, αvβ6, αvβ8, and α8β1 through RGD domain. TGF-β plays important roles in control proliferation and differentiation of epithelial cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, neurons, osteoclasts, and osteoblasts. TGF-β is believed to be important in the regulation of the development of Treg, Th17, and Th9 cells. A recent study has shown that LAP is an activated Treg surface marker.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- LAP (TGF-β)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
AB_10897450 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349613)
- About 400 amino acids, N-terminal signal peptide is required for secretion from a cell, a pro-region (LAP) and C-terminal region that becomes the mature TGF-β molecule following its release from the pro-region by proteolytic cleavage.
Ubiquitously expressed by many kinds of cells
- Multifunctional cytokine, regulates cells proliferation, and differentiation
- TGF-βRI, -RII, -RIII, CD105, LTBP, integrins
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Yi JJ, et al. 2010. Cell 142:144.
2. Tran DQ, et al. 2009. Blood 113:5125.
3. Lu M, et al. 2002. J. Cell. Sci. 115:4641.
4. Khalil N. 1999. Microbes Infect. 1:1255.
- Gene ID
- 7040 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LAP on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.