- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BCM, BCMA, TNFRSF13A, CD269, B-cell maturation protein, B Cell Maturation Antigen, B-Cell Maturation Factor
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human TNFRSF17, a type I attached membrane protein of 184 amino acids, possesses a conserved motif of six cysteines in the N-terminal, consistent with the formation of a cysteine repeat motif found in the extracellular domain of TNFRs. Overexpression of TNFRSF17 in 293 cells activates NF-kappa B, Elk-1, the c-Jun N-terminal kinase, and the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase, after its association with TNF Receptor-Associated Factor (TRAF) 1, TRAF2, and TRAF3. Soluble forms of TACI (TNFRSF13B) and TNFRSF17 bind to BAFF (TNFSFL13B) and APRIL (TNFSFL13A); the interaction of TNFRSF17 to APRIL has higher affinity than the TNFRSF17-BAFF interaction. Analysis of BCMA knockout mice (BCMA−/−) showed no differences in the steady-state frequencies or composition of peripheral B cell subsets (immature, marginal zone, follicular, B1). TNFRSF17 expression is upregulated on PBMCs from mice that develop a Sjogren’s-like syndrome, patients with Sjogren’s syndrome, with rheumatoid arthritis, and on B cells from SLE patients. Patients with multiple myeloma show elevated serum BCMA levels and it correlated with the proportion of plasma cells in bone marrow biopsies and clinical status. Serum BCMA levels is considered a novel biomarker to predict outcomes for multiple myeloma patients.Product Details
- Human TNFRSF17, amino acids (Met1 – Ala54) (Accession # Q02223) with a linker (GS), a C-terminal human IgG1 (Pro100-Lys330) and an Avi-tag, was expressed in CHO cells. Human TNFRSF17-Avi tag was site-specifically biotinylated by enzyme BirA.
- Molecular Mass
- The 317 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 35.0 KD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced glycosylated protein migrate at approximately 45 kD and 80 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Met.
- > 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is PBS, pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method
- 25 µg size is bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Biotinylated recombinant human TNFRSF17-Fc chimera binds to immobilized recombinant human April in a dose-dependent manner. The ED50 for this effect is 0.4 – 2.0 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mature B lymphocytes, malignant B lymphocytes, plasma cells
- Promotes B-cell survival, B cell development
- Monocytes, macrophages, T cells, and dendritic cells
- TNFSF13B/BLyS/BAFF and TNFSF13/APRIL
- Biotinylated recombinant human TNFRSF17-Fc chimera binds to immobilized recombinant human April.
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Madry C, et al. 1998. Int Immunol. 10:1693-702.
- Hatzoglou A, et al. 2000. J Immunol. 165:1322-30.
- Rennert P, et al. 2000. J Exp Med. 192:1677-84.
- Wallweber HJ, et al. 2004. J Mol Biol. 2004 343:283-90.
- O'Connor BP, et al. 2004. J Exp Med. 199:91-8.
- Kim J, et al. 2011. Autoimmunity. 44:69-81.
- Coqueri CM, and Erickson LD. 2012. Crit Rev Immunol. 32:287-305.
- Laurent SA, et al. 2015. Nature Commun. 6:7333.
- Ghermezi M, et al. 2017. Hematologica. 102:785-795.
- Gene ID
- 608 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNFRSF17 on UniProt.org