- 39E10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Microtubule-associated protein tau, PHF-tau, Paired Helical Filament tau
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Tau protein promotes microtubule assembly and stability. Tau is abundant in neurons of the central nervous system, and is expressed at low levels in astrocytes and oligodendrocytes. Abnormal hyper-phosphorylation, aggregation, and toxic gain of function of tau is associated with several neurological disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease (AD). The major building block of neurofibrillary lesions in AD brains consists of paired helical filaments (PHFs) of abnormally hyperphosphorylated tau. Six isoforms of tau are generated by alternative splicing of the MAPT gene. These isoforms are distinguished by the number of tubulin binding domains, 3 (3R) or 4 (4R), in the C-terminal of the protein and by one (1N), two (2N), or no (0N) inserts in the N-terminal domain. Tau isoforms are differentially expressed during development.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against full-length human tau protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
WB - Quality tested
Direct ELISA - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 µg per ml. For Direct ELISA, the suggested use of this reagent is 10 ng to 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB).
BioLegend is the Exclusive Provider of this Antibody Product
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Michalski V, et.al. Neurobiol Aging. 2015. 36(12):3131. (WB) PubMed
AB_2650699 (BioLegend Cat. No. 814303)
AB_2650700 (BioLegend Cat. No. 814304)
- Unmodified Tau isoforms have an apparent molecular weight ranging from 33-79 kD. Additional high and low molecular weight Tau species have been observed in brain tissues.
Tissue distribution: Central nervous system, peripheral ganglia and nerves, kidney, skeletal, and heart muscle.
Cellular distribution: Cytoskeleton, nucleus, plasma membrane, and cytosol.
- Tau promotes microtubule assembly and stability. The short tau isoforms allow plasticity of the cytoskeleton whereas the longer isoforms may preferentially play a role in its stabilization.
- Tau interacts with: Sequestosome-1, Peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase FKBP4, Casein kinase I isoform delta, Serine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk1, Laforin, and alpha-synuclein.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Meredith JE Jr, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8(10): e76523. PubMed
2. Goodall CA, et al. 2006. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry 77(1): 89. PubMed
3. Wang Y, Mandelkow E. 2016. Nat. Rev. Neurosci. 17(1):5-21. PubMed
- Gene ID
- 4137 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tau 189-195 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Purified anti-Tau, 189-195||39E10||WB|
|Biotin anti-Tau, 189-195||39E10||WB, Direct ELISA|
|HRP anti-Tau, 189-195||39E10||WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.