- M0417A8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lipocalin 2, Oncogene 24p3, Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin, Siderocalin LCN2, 25 kD Alpha-2-Microglobulin-Related Subunit Of MMP-9, p25, MSFI, Migration-Stimulating Factor Inhibitor, HNL
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
NGAL (lipocalin-2) is a lipocalin family protein that plays important roles in innate immunity, inflammation, and atherosclerosis. Mouse NGAL is detected in lung, spleen, uterus, vagina, and epididymis. It is a critical component of innate immunity because of its ability to bind iron-siderophore complexes and limit bacterial growth. It is also produced by injured epithelia and is one of the most promising new markers for renal epithelial injury and cardiovascular disease (CVD).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- In-house recombinant mouse NGAL
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA. For ELISA detection applications, a concentration of 0.1 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of NGAL recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 15.6 pg/mL is recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
The biotinylated M0417A8 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with purified M047A10 (Cat. No. 532202) antibody as the capture antibody.
Note: For testing mouse NGAL in cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, urine and other biological fluids, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Kits (Cat. No. 443707 & 443708) are specially developed and recommended.
- Product Citations
AB_2686952 (BioLegend Cat. No. 532304)
- 195 amino acid monomer with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 23 kD.
Secreted by epithelial cells, macrophages, neutrophils; increased levels have been observed in plasma, serum, and urine in various conditions, such as metastatic breast and colorectal cancer, acute kidney injury, pancreatitis and preeclampsia.
- Apoptosis, innate immunity, renal development.
- Disulfide-linked with MMP9.
- SLC22A17 (24p3R)
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Macrophages, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Iqbal N, et al. 2013. Expert Opin. Med Diagn. 7:209.
2. Singer E, et al. 2013. Acta. Physiol. (Oxf) 207:663.
3. Palazzuoli A, et al. 2012. Clin. Chim. Acta. 413:1832.
4. Flo TH, et al. 2004. Nature 432:917.
5. Goetz DH, et al. 2002. Mol. Cell. 10:1033.
6. Leung L, et al. 2012. PLoS One 7:e46677.
7. Kjeldsen L, et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268:10425.
- Gene ID
- 16819 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NGAL on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.