- OX-39 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-2 receptor chain α, IL-2Rα, low affinity IL-2 receptor chain, Tac, p55, Ly-43
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD25 is a 55 kD glycoprotein also known as IL-2 receptor α chain. It is broadly expressed on activated T and B cells, a subset of thymic and splenic dendritic cells, and intestinal epithelial cells in the rat. IL-2 is a critical cytokine involved in lymphocyte proliferation and clonal expansion. IL-2 signaling requires the high affinity IL-2 receptor composed of IL-2 receptor chains α, β, and γ. The OX-39 antibody weakly inhibits IL-2 binding to the IL-2 receptor and has been shown to block some IL-2 mediated responses in vitro.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Rat T cell blasts from mixed lymphocyte reactions
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistryof acetone-fixed frozen sections1, immunoprecipitation1, weakly blocks IL-2 binding1, 2, 3, and blocks IL-2 induced epithelial cell migration3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Peterson DJ, et al. 1987. Mol. Immunol. 24:1281. (IHC, IP, Block)
- Tellides G, et al. 1987. Transplant Proc. 19:4231. (Block)
- Digness AU, et al. 1996. Exp.Cell Res. 225:422. (Block)
- Product Citations
AB_2814101 (BioLegend Cat. No. 202113)
AB_2814102 (BioLegend Cat. No. 202114)
- Type I membrane glycoprotein, 55 kD
Activated T cells and B cells, thymic and splenic dendritic cells, intestinal epithelial cells
- Low affinity receptor for IL-2; associates with IL-2 receptor β (CD122) and γ (CD132) chains to form high affinity receptor
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Digness AU, et al. 1996. Exp.Cell Res. 225:422.
2. Peterson DJ, et al. 1987. Mol. Immunol. 24:1281.
- Gene ID
- 16184 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD25 on UniProt.org
|FITC anti-rat CD25||OX-39||FC|
|PE anti-rat CD25||OX-39||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-rat CD25||OX-39||FC|
|Biotin anti-rat CD25||OX-39||FC|
|APC anti-rat CD25||OX-39||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.