- SMI 37 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Neurofilament heavy polypeptide, NF-H, 200 kD neurofilament protein, neurofilament triplet H protein
Covance Catalog# SMI-37R
- Mouse IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Neurofilaments (NFs) are ~10 nanometer, type IV intermediate filaments expressed in neurons. NFs are the major components of the neuronal cytoskeleton, and primarily function to provide structural support for axons and regulate axonal diameter. There are three major mammalian neurofilament subunits which are named based on their apparent molecular weight: 1) neurofilament light (NF-L, ~70 kD), 2) neurofilament medium (NF-M, ~145-160 kD), and 3) neurofilament heavy (NF-H, ~200-220 kD). Neurofilaments are extensively phosphorylated, and their phosphorylation status plays an important role in modulation of their function. Abnormal NF modifications, mutations, and accumulation have been associated with neurodegenerative diseases. NF immunostaining is commonly used as a diagnostic marker for neuropathology detection. NFs are also useful for differentiating neurons (positive for NF) from glia (negative for NF).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ascites Fluid (contains 0.01M sodium azide).
- The concentration is not quantified as this product is sold as undiluted crude mouse ascites fluid. The concentration might vary from lot-to-lot and an estimated concentration would be 1-3 mg/ml.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a dilution range of 1/1000 - 1/2000 is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1/1000 - 1/2000. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
SMI 37 reacts with a nonphosphorylated epitope in neurofilament H of most mammalian species. Immunocytochemically, SMI 37 visualizes some neuronal cell bodies, dendrites and thick axons in the central and peripheral nervous systems. SMI 37 staining is more restricted than that seen with SMI 32 or SMI 38 and Neuronal cell bodies are intensely stained while neuronal processes staining is less prominent.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Petzold A, et al. 2011. Brain 134:464. (WB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565353 (BioLegend Cat. No. 835801)
- Cell Type
- Mature Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Gene ID
- 4744 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Neurofilament H NF-H Phospho on UniProt.org
|Anti-Neurofilament H (NF-H)||SMI 37||IHC-P, WB|
|Purified anti-Neurofilament H (NF-H)||SMI 37||IHC-P, WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.