- JK1B-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-1β, Catabolin, Hematopoietin-1 (H1), IFNβ-inducing factor, Interleukin-β, Osteoclast activating factor (OAF)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-1 refers to two proteins, IL-1α and IL-1β which are the products of distinct genes, but which are recognized by the same cell surface receptors. IL-1β is a potent immuno-modulator which mediates a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses including the activation of B and T cells. The JK1B-1 antibody reacts with human interleukin-1β (IL-1β) and baboon IL-1β. The JK1B-1 antibody does not recognize mouse IL-1β or human IL-1α or other cytokines. The JK1B-1 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-1β.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-1 beta
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA and ELISPOT Capture: The purified JK1B-1 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated JK1B-2 antibody (Cat. No. 508301) as the detecting antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled JK1B-1 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-1β-producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Lu Y, et al. 2015. PNAS. 112:607. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_604133 (BioLegend Cat. No. 508207)
AB_604135 (BioLegend Cat. No. 508208)
- Cytokine; 17.3 kD (Mammalian)
- Stimulates T cells, B cells, proliferation/activation of NK cells, fibroblasts, thymocytes, glioblastoma cells, astroglia, microglia
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma, keratinocytes,
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes
- Type I IL-1R (CDw121a), Type II IL-1R (CDw121b)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Bomford R, et al. Eds. 1989. Interleukin-1 inflammation and disease. Elsevier New York.
3. Brazel D, et al. 1991. Biotechnol. Ther. 2:241.
4. Dinarello C. 1996. Blood 87:2095.
- Upregulated by TNF-α, IFN-α, IFN-β, IFN-γ, bacterial endotoxins, viruses, mitogens, antigens; downregulated by IL-6, lipoproteins, lipids, and α2-macroglobulin
- Gene ID
- 3553 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1beta on UniProt.org
- Does this clone recognize the pro or mature form of IL-1 beta?
The monoclonal anti-human IL-1b antibody clone H1b-98 was generated and screened using the mature form of IL-1b as the immunogen. Since the pro-form contains the mature sequence, it is believed that the antibody also recognize pro-IL-1beta. Similarly, we believe clone JK1B-1 should also recognize both pro and mature forms of IL-1b. However, this information has not been confirmed with in-house testing data.
|Purified anti-human IL-1β||JK1B-1||ELISA Capture|
|FITC anti-human IL-1β||JK1B-1||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-1β||JK1B-1||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.