- 2F1-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Actin, cytoplasmic 1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
β-actin is a ubiquitously expressed and highly conserved 42 kD cytoplasmic protein involved in cell motility. This critical cytoskeletal component can be disrupted by drugs such as cytochalasin. Because β-actin is ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells, it is frequently used as a loading control for assays involving protein detection (such as Western blotting).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.25 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
The binding of this antibody to its target is sensitive to salt concentration. For consistent results, please use TBS/T buffer for Western blotting that contains 0.15 M NaCl as indicated in the BioLegend recommended protocol.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366.
- Joyce CW, et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281:33053.
- Yanagiya T,et al.2007.Obesity.15:572.
- KishidaT,et al. 2007.J. Immunol. 179:8554.
- Ouimet M, et al. 2008. Arterisocler Thromb Vasc Biol. 28:1144.
- Toltlt LJ,et al. 2008.J. Immunol. 181:2165.
- Sawada. T,et al. 2008. J. Biol. Chem. 283:26820.
- Ikeda D, et al. 2008. Endocrinology. 149:6037.
- Ikeda Y, et al. 2010. Mol Endocrinol. 24:1338. PubMed
- Kaieda S, et al. 2010. J. Biol Chem. 285:21478. PubMed
- Cambos M, et al. 2011. J. Leukoc. Biol. 89:157. PubMed
AB_2632718 (BioLegend Cat. No. 643810)
- Actin, cytoplasmic 1
Ubiquitously expressed in the cytoplasm of all eukaryotic cells
- Actins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in cell motility
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Hanukoglu I, et al. 1983. J. Mol. Biol. 163:673.
2. Nakajima-Iijima S, et al. 1985. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 82:6133.
3. Ponte P, et al. 1984. Nucleic Acids Res. 12:1687.
- Gene ID
- 11461 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-actin on UniProt.org
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-β-actin||2F1-1||ICC, IHC-P|
|Purified anti-β-actin||2F1-1||WB, ICC, IHC-P|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-β-actin||2F1-1||ICC|
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-β-actin||2F1-1||WB|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-β-actin||2F1-1||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-β-actin||2F1-1||IHC-P|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.