- 6H2.B4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Cyt c
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Cytochrome c is a 15 kD protein found in the mitochondrial intermembrane space with a heme-binding domain. Cytochrome c is a component of the electron transport chain; the heme group transfers electrons from cytochrome b-c1 complex to cytochrome oxidase complex. Cytochrome c initiates apoptosis by release to cytoplasm and binding Apaf-1 which activates procaspase 9. Cytochrome c interacts with the cytochrome b-c1 complex, cytochrome oxidase complex, heme, Apaf-1, and Caspase 9 proteins. The 6H2.B4 monoclonal antibody recognizes human, mouse, and rat cytochrome-c and has been shown to be useful for intracellular flow cytometric staining, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunofluorescence staining.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Rat cyt c-OVA
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: intracellular flow cytometry5, immunofluorescence microscopy3,5, immunoprecipitation4, and immunocytochemistry5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Goshorn SC, et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:2134.
- Jemmerson R, et al. 1991. Eur. J. Immunol. 21:143.
- Chandra D, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:50842. (IF)
- Semenkova L, et al. 2003. Eur. J. Biochem. 270:4388. (IP)
- Shih S-F, et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276:21870. (ICFC ICC IF)
- She P, et al. 2011. Am J. Physiol Endcorinol Metab.301:E49. PubMed
- McGuire, KA., et al. 2011. J. Virol 85:10806. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565240 (BioLegend Cat. No. 612308)
- Heme binding domain; 15 kD
Mitochondrial intermembrane space
- Component of electron transport chain; heme group transfers electrons from cytochrome b-c1 complex to cytochrome oxidase complex. Initiates apoptosis by release to cytoplasm and binding Apaf-1 which activates procaspase 9
- Cytochrome b-c1 complex, cytochrome oxidase complex, heme, Apaf-1, Casp9
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Antigen References
1. Liu X, et al. 1996. Cell. 86:147.
2. Li P, et al. 1997. Cell. 91:479.
3. Zhang Z, et al. 2003. Gene 312:61.
4. Ferguson H, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:45793.
- Gene ID
- 1355 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Cytochrome c on UniProt.org
|Biotin anti-Cytochrome c||6H2.B4||ICFC|
|FITC anti-Cytochrome c||6H2.B4||ICFC|
|Purified anti-Cytochrome c||6H2.B4||IP, ICC, ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Cytochrome c||6H2.B4||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Cytochrome c||6H2.B4||ICFC, ICC|
|FITC anti-Cytochrome c||6H2.B4||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.