Microscopy allows scientists to visualize and interrogate phenomena occurring beyond the reach of the naked eye. Microscopy also lets researchers capture and survey the aesthetic patterns of the natural world. This eBook presents images that are visually and artistically appealing, while helping scientists contribute to our understanding of the world around us.
Download this eBook to explore how the creators of five microscopy works of art are revealing new insights into health and disease:
- Hannah Bullock visualized SARS-CoV-2 for the first time in the US
- Alan Prescott highlighted mechanisms of mitochondrial autophagy
- Elisabeth Schraner used electron microscopy to examine organelle interactions
- Selena Romero showcased neuronal development
- Guy Hagen built a novel custom microscope