- TRFK5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-5, Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), B cell growth factor-2 (BCGF-2), B cell differentiation factor for IgM (BCDF-m), IgA enhancing factor (IgA-EF), T-cell replacing factor-1 (TRF-1)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
This product is eligible for a 40% discount! Promotion valid until December 31st, 2022. Exclusions apply. To view full promotion terms and conditions or to contact your local BioLegend representative to receive a quote, visit our webpage.
IL-5 is a homodimeric, disulphide-linked protein produced by T-cells. Monomeric human IL-5 is a 126 amino acid protein with a reported molecular weight of 26 kD for the homodimeric protein. Mouse and human IL-5 are approximately 70% identical. IL-5 has been shown to promote the growth of immature hematopoietic BFU-E progenitors, stimulate the activation and differentiation of eosinophils, and promote the generation of cytotoxic lymphocytes. Mouse IL-5 induces the differentiation and proliferation of pre-activated B-cells and stimulates the production and secretion of IgM and IgA by B-cells stimulated with bacterial endotoxin. The TRFK5 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-5.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Human
- Reported Reactivity
- Guinea Pig
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially-purified T cell clone supernatant
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICFC, IHC, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 1.0 - 4.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of mouse IL-5 recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 1 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate when paired with TRFK4 (Cat. No. 504402). To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human IL-5 recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 1 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate when paired with JES1-5A10 (Cat. No. 501002). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA1,3,4 or ELISPOT2,6 Capture: The purified TRFK5 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with biotinylated TRFK4 antibody (Cat. No. 504402) as the detection antibody for mouse IL-5, or used in conjunction with biotinylated JES1-5A10 antibody (Cat. No. 501002) as the detection antibody for human IL-5. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled TRFK51 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-5-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization1,9: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-5 bioactivity (Cat. Nos. 504313-504318).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections8 and paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections7, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-5 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430401 and 430404) are specially developed and recommended. For testing mouse IL-5 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA MAX™ Sets (Cat. Nos. 431201 and 431206) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Klinman, D., et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.19.
- Swain, S., et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 145:3796.
- Abrams, J., et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Assenmacher, M., et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:1097.
- Karulin, A., et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1862.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Fan, W. Y., et al. 2001. Exp. Biol. Med. 226:1045.
- Sitkauskiene, B., et al. 2005. Respir Res. 6:33.
AB_2814414 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504316)
AB_2814415 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504317)
AB_2814416 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504318)
AB_2814411 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504313)
AB_2814412 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504314)
AB_2814413 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504315)
- Cytokine; dimer; 40-50 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/differentiation of B cells, eosinophils; proliferation/cell activation/differentiation of eosinophilic granulocytes
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, eosinophils
- Cell Targets
- Eosinophils, B cells
- Heterodimer IL-5Rα (CD125); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Takatsu, K., et al. 1988. Immunol. Rev. 102:107.
3. Takatsu, K. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:299.
4. Takatsu, K. 1991. Microbiol. Immunol. 35:593.
- Gene ID
- 16191 View all products for this Gene ID 3567 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-5 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|APC anti-mouse/human IL-5||TRFK5||ICFC|
|PE anti-mouse/human IL-5||TRFK5||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse/human IL-5||TRFK5||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, IHC, WB|
|Purified anti-mouse/human IL-5 (Maxpar® Ready)||TRFK5||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse/human IL-5||TRFK5||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse/human IL-5||TRFK5||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICFC, IHC, WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.