- TN3-19.12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor-α, Cachectin, Necrosin, Macrophage cytotoxic factor (MCF), Differentiation inducing factor (DIF), TNFSF-2
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
TNF-α is secreted by macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, T-cells (principally CD4+), and NK-cells. Many transformed cell lines also secrete TNF-α. Monomeric mouse TNF-α is 156 amino acid protein (N-glycosylated) with a reported molecular weight of 17.5 kD protein. TNF-α forms multimeric complexes; stable trimers are most common in solution. A 26 kD membrane form of TNF-α has also been described. TNF-α binding to surface receptors elicits a wide array of biologic activities including: cytolysis and cytostasis of many tumor cell lines in vitro, hemorraghic necrosis of tumors in vivo, increased fibroblast proliferation, and enhanced chemotaxis and phagocytosis in neutrophils. The TN3-19.12 antibody reacts with mouse, rat, and rabbit tumor-necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) proteins. The TN3-19.12 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant TNF-α.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat, Cross-Reactivity: Rabbit (Lapine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant mouse TNF-α
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICFC, IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 2 - 6 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of mouse TNF-α recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 4 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1: The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified TN3-19.12 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with biotinylated Poly5160 antibody (Cat. No. 516003) as the detecting antibody for detecting mouse/rat TNF-a. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Clone TN3-19.12 has been shown to neutralize murine TNF-a and cross reacts wtih mouse TFN-ß1. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Aside free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization (Cat. Nos. 506109 - 506114).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sheehan, K., et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:3884. (Neut)
- Merrick, B.A., et al. 1992. Appl. Theor. Electrophor 2:177.
- Takahashi, S., et al. 1995. Brain Res 690:241.
- Rabinovich, R., et al. 1993. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 267:1550.
- Molloy, R., et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2142.
- Finkelman, F., et al. 2003. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley & Sons, New York. Unit 6.28.
- Simkins, HM., et al. 2011. J. Leukoc Biol. 89:753. PubMed.
- Faas MM, et al. 2003. J. Reprod. Immunol. 1:39-52.
AB_2832812 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506113)
AB_2832813 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506114)
AB_2832811 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506112)
AB_2820092 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506109)
AB_2820093 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506110)
AB_2832810 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506111)
- TNF superfamily; dimer/trimer; 18-150 kD (Mammalian)
- Paracrine/endocrine mediator of inflammatory and immune functions; selectively cytotoxic for transformed cells; endothelial cell alterations; chemoattractant
- Cell Sources
- Activated monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells
- Cell Targets
- Monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, osteoclasts, adipocytes, astroglia, microglia
- TNFRSF1A (TNF-R1, CD120a, TNFR-p60 Type β, p55); TNFRSF1B (TNF-R2, CD120b, TNFR-p80 Type A, p75)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Beutler, B., et al. 1988. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 57:505.
3. Beutler, B., et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:625.
4. Tracey, K., et al. 1993. Crit. Care Med. 21:S415.
- Type II integral membrane protein processed by TACE for secretion; upregulated by interferons, IL-2, GM-CSF, substance P, bradykinin, PAF, immune complexes, cyclooxygenase; downregulated by IL-6, TGF-β, vitamin D3, prostaglandin E2, PAF antagonists,
- Gene ID
- 21926 View all products for this Gene ID 24835 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNF-alpha on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.